Ruger Talk Forums banner
1221 - 1240 of 1268 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Went down the hill yesterday for some grocery shopping early am and it was clear sailing, on the way back up we got hit with a small snow storm. The squirrel climbed it like a champ, a couple of close calls and thankfully those times the people behind me saw me getting ready to go over the side and backed off and gave me more room so I could recover.
Kept it in 3rd gear and the rpm's high.

That is cold!
How is it on the bones? I live in southern California, the weather here is nice.

Hey Mag,

Oh yeah no doubt, I lived out your way for over 15 years. I left over a quarter century ago.
The key in the cold/snow belt is knowing how to dress and if you live in a windy area it's right to the bone. It's not horrible were I'm at more of a pain in the ass.

But I might be moving again in the future and were I'm thinking of going is very windy and their winters last even longer, however they don't get near the amount of snow we do, but it gets cold with that wind chill.

(spell check)_____________________>

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
I know I shouldn't complain (especially compared to quirky), but it was 62 degrees yesterday afternoon here in MA and then today, it snowed 4.5 inches. Right now it's 23 degrees and it's still not even winter.

·
Registered
101 Posts
40 degrees and rainy...damp and cold, but we are scheduled for a snowstorm sometime before the weekend. Snow in the mountains, were it belongs, some rain and snow in the valleys, and it doesn't stay very long. Actually, a pretty good winter! So far!;)

·
Registered
578 Posts
Snow for the next few days. Been a mild winter so far. Be lucky to get more than a few inches.

I sure miss the NW, where you could get a few feet in one night.

1221 - 1240 of 1268 Posts