1201 - 1220 of 1267 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
It is 65 degrees here and cloudy.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Back up to low 90's here. It was a short lived cold front. This time of year in TX the weather temps can swing twenty degrees day to day.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
71 degrees and cloudy

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
61 degrees partly cloudy.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Well the county should be taking down the burn ban sign since we got around 4" of rain in the last 12 hours. My almost dried up pond is over the banks now.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Sunny and 55 degrees.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
We have our fall weather now. It's really nice to be outside working on projects without sweating.

·
Registered
249 Posts
First snow of the winter season 2019-2020, looks like it came in early am, very light. Some scattered flurries as I post. Was not set to start until Friday, don't think it will stick as the temp is set to get to over 40 today.

Last week we lost power for almost 24 hours as we had a major wind storm come in. You could hear the trees in the woods snapping in half that's how powerful the wind gust were getting. Went down the hill yesterday for an apt. and you could see the tree's everywhere off to the edge of the woods. And most of them by the size of them could hurt you bad if they hit you or even kill ya.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
27degrees and clear tonight.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Don't get used to those temps because they might feel like a heat wave in another couple months.
Around 44 degrees here at 7 a.m. Next week we are supposed to have days with highs in the low 40's. This is so not normal temps for this time of year here.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
48 degrees mostly sunny.

·
Registered
249 Posts
First major snow of the season, started yesterday afternoon still coming down this am. Snow warning in effect until 7:00 pm today.

This is looking out my bedroom window.

Looks like I can't get out the front door, will wait for the caretaker to come and snow-blow us an opening.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I hope your window isn't on the second floor. You now live in the ice box area of the US. The self defrost mode doesn't work very well either. That's bad when you can't even get out of your front door till someone comes and clears an opening to your door. I am glad it isn't my front door.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I hope your window isn't on the second floor.
We are all ground level, but it looks like it's already half way up and our winters up here can even go into May with annual snow falls of 112 + inches . A couple more like this one and I won't even be able to open the window. o_O

_____

Update:
early afternoon

Got a path out and they had me move my car so they could run the plow through. It seem like the car struggled to start so I took it out on the road to juice the battery up and am rather happy to report the squirrel with my snow tires handled it like a champ, a couple close calls but the tires got me out of it.

Went ahead when I got back and put my 2.5 watt trickle solar charger out on top of the plastic sheeting I use to keep the ice off the windows. Even overcast it will still put some juice back in the battery.
Arctic front now heading our way.

Stay tuned ..

·
Registered
580 Posts
Well I live in Texas for a lot of reasons but temperatures in the 20s and winds over 40 mph overnight and all day is not on the list. As for the white stuff it usually comes and is gone the next day. That is on my list as to why I am in Texas. When is the snow going to leave you Quirky?

·
Registered
249 Posts
When is the snow going to leave you Quirky?
Howdy RL,

It's tapering off some now as we head into evening, suppose to end tonight and then come back in on Thursday but they are saying it will be light.

As far as Texas goes, yeah I hear ya, lived down that way for over 9 years. Never worried if the car would start. :)
I wish we had carports cause the moving the car back and forth so they can plow the lot gets old. But it's still better then were I use to live down the hill as I had to park in a public lot when there was a street snow ban. Had to be out of the lot by 7:00 am or you got towed and the lot was a 1/2 mile walk on a cane with shovel in the other hand.

But we got only around 3/4 of the annual snowfall that we will get up were I'm at now.
Today was the first time I drove a rear wheel drive vehicle in the snow in a quarter century.
What a difference then when I drove my Ford Ranger 2x2 those years ago. That truck was a death trap in the snow.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Holding steady this am at 8 and -10 with the wind chill.

Snow still coming down but very light, had to go out and reattach my plastic sheeting because the wind blew it lose from the rubber bands I'm using to anchor it on the sides to the mirrors. Cold as a well diggers ass and by Saturday we are expected to be below zero.

Stay warm my friends. :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
That is cold!
How is it on the bones?

I live in southern California, the weather here is nice.
Yesterday, I went turkey hunting, the temp was 46 deg. Later in the day the temp rose up to the 80's. Trying to sit still in 46 temp was bad enough and I was feeling stiff and numb from sitting for hours. Glad it warmed up for me.
How are you handling the cold when you are out of your home. My guess is, it is hard to breath with temps that cold and with the wind.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Here in the Derby City it's cloudy and 45 degrees!

1201 - 1220 of 1267 Posts