1161 - 1180 of 1267 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
75 degrees mostly sunny.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
[QUOTE="Pancho_Villa, post: 141926, member: 562"... Ain't really summer yet in south Texas.[/QUOTE]

Summer? It seems like it's hardly spring here in MA. In fact, I had the wood stove going for the past three days. Air temperature was 54 degrees this morning when I cleaned the pool. (One day last weekend it made it to the high 70's so the wife "HAD" to have the pool opened.)

Going to reach a high of maybe 70 degrees today. For those who may be curious, yes, it is too cold for swimming, the pool water temperature was 50 degrees. Current ocean temperature (15 miles away) is 56 degrees.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Hope anyone that lives around the Mississippi are safe and your homes are spared from the flooding. This flooding all throughout the Midwest is reported will cause major spike in all food pricing due to lost crops and livestock. So many farmers have been probably wiped out as their farms turned into lakes.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
75 degrees at 11:30 pm tonight.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Weather report today will be the same for the next couple months. HOT enough to fry an egg on the hood of a car.
But I like it hot rather than cold.
I really like the evenings when the sun has just about set and a nice breeze is blowing. Even the dogs enjoy being outside then.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
86 degrees mostly sunny.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Imagine this weather report for Texas in August.
HOT AND HUMID. TEMPS AROUND 100 DEGREES.
The news weather gurus want to make people think this isn't normal TX August weather. They must have just moved here to think that.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Been that way for as long as I can remember. When I go back to visit West Texas it seems I can tolerate it better, it may be hotter but the humidity is lower.
I think the weather people want to make a big deal out of it so they can blame it on global warming.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Its 85 degrees today and Sunny!

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
It's getting to be that wonderful time of year here in the northeast, it was 48 degrees when I left for work at 5:45 A.M. and it was 85 degrees when I got home at 4:00 P.M.

I won't complain though because there's no snow/ice nor is there sweltering triple digit temperatures. (I don't know how any of you can stand those excessively hot temperatures.)

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Can't take it very well. If the humidity is below 50% the temps will stay below 100 and you can tolerate it if you have to. Just can't take much more humidity than that. You get soaked with sweat just being outside and doing very little at 70% or more humidity. It doesn't evaporate.

I try to avoid doing anything outside from noon till 6 p.m. Today there were some rain clouds from the Gulf due to the storm out there. Temps dropped to 90 which was much more tolerable.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
89 degrees partly cloudy tonight here in Derby City,KY.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
78 partly cloudy tonight.

1161 - 1180 of 1267 Posts