Walther/Colt 1911 Gold Cup Match 22lr range report

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by Oldhand, May 22, 2016.

1. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

Saturday I took the Colt out to the range, while it loved CCI Mini-Mags & CCI Blazers, it would not function with Winchester High Velocity. The trigger was heavier than I like but functioned flawlessly. The problem with the Winchesters was even though they fired there wasn't enough power to feed in the next round after ejecting the fired case. The adjustable sights worked as advertised and I can honestly recommend this pistol to anyone looking for a training pistol or practice for his 1911.:D

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2016
  2. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Handy,

Did you think about changing out the recoil spring? It might have a heavier spring in it? Just a thought buddy!

Tommy

3. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Muy bueno compadre!!!! Good report.

4. ScottyShooter

ScottyShooter New Member

I've had my Colt/Walther 1911 .22 for a while now. Shoots CCI mini mags ok but really likes the Rem high velocity Golden Bullets. Recently put a new recoil spring from Walther as the old one seemed to be getting a little sluggish.

Attached Files:

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Thought about buying one of those Oldhand...just never got around to it.

22's can be picky with what they like. ( POA/POI )

My Browning Buckmark loves CCI Mini-Mags and Remington HV Golden Bullets...just like the gentlemen above stated.

Enjoy...

6. Oldhand

Thanks guys, I will have to try those Remington's. I have about 600 of the Blazers left and I will be using the 500 Winchesters I have left in my Marlin 39a.:D

7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

My other two .22's are both Marlin rifles...

A Model 80C circa 1960 and a Model 60 circa 1980...

...tack drivers...

8. Oldhand

My 39a is a four digit serial number, have never checked the date of manufacture on it. There have been millions made so I assume it is old.;)

9. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

My very 'woodsy' highschool (early 1950s) buddy carried a Marlin 39 on most of our summertime hikes in the hills. Don't know if it was an 'A'.

10. Oldhand

Checked with Marlin and my 39a was made in 1954, just a year younger than my wife.:)