WalMart special feature

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by buster40c, Oct 11, 2015.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

A friend of mine was going to get groceries and asked if I wanted to go. I said yes since she drops me off at the door and I hobble to the go-carts to shop in style. On the way she said she needed to go to Wally's world for some things. Our Wally's has very little in groceries so we go to the Brookshire Brothers across the street.
    Anyway to make a long story short some girls have a cage in the parking lot by the road with a sign puppies. Well I said let's go look. Well they had weiner/ Chihuahua mixed breed puppies for $10. I thought about getting a female and friend said why when you are getting a male weiner dog from her sister in a few weeks. I said well he will need a lady friend. So I got the female pup and she is brown and white. I did look at her feet to make sure I wasn't going to end up with a surprise when my pug/terrier weighs now at 33 lbs and isn't either a pug or a terrier. Vet says he is mostly Springer Spaniel.
    So anyway Wally's world had a parking lot special I had to get. This pup makes my springer spaniel mix look like a huge dog now. I wanted a buddy for my present dog and now he will have plenty to occupy his time. LOL So will I house training two pups.

Attached Files:

2. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Way to cute!!!! Be sure to add MORE pictures!!!!!!!

3. buster40c

I will when I get the male in a couple weeks.
    So far two stars for taking a poop outside but minus one star for peeing on the carpet inside.
    The scenario goes........eats, naps, plays, poops, and pees. Then cries like a baby and start all over again.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  4. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I can see right now that you won't be on the forum for quite a while. If you aren't busy picking up doggie do do, you will have it in your lap and petting and stroking that thing to death. I swore years ago when I had to get rid of my mini schnauzer, Beauregarde, I would never have another pet. It really hurts when you loose one. My wife insisted we have one so got got Dolly who is a mini chiawawa (sp) and she has become my baby. Even though my wife bought her, she clings to me and when I say "let's go car" she jumps right in her carrier. She is 5 yrs. old now and one day she will be gone, but she the time being, I would be lost without her.

Tommy

5. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Do you crate train?
    I almost miss having puppies......... Almost. Lol

6. buster40c

I am pretty sure I will crate train during the night like I did with my other dog. During the daytime the pup will be in a closed door room where I can watch her. Well try to watch her.lol
    I am open to any suggestions as to the best way to house train this pup. Oh she is crying like a little baby in her carry box. She is not a happy camper and geeze she has a set of lungs on her. LOL at this point I am begging for help.lol It's a battle to see who will give in first.
    I would like her to train to go in the utility room where I have absorbing papers down. If she has to go in the winter and it's raining she is not going to want to go outside to do her business.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  7. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Sounds like a plan!
    Keep us posted! :)

8. berettabone

berettabone In the army now..

Whenever she pees outside, you have to praise her, and give her attention.........................soon she will learn that peeing outside is a good thing and gets her attention. Sometimes, a little treat is good after she pees outside, but that can become a pain later on;)

9. buster40c

Yep the old rub their noses in their business is not the way to go so the trainers say now.
    The first night was not meant for sleeping soundly. More like sound was wake up time. This pup has lungs of a Tasmanium Devil.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  10. RavenU

RavenU In the army now..

Nice young pup. Enjoy! Crate training is the only way to go. Pick the pup up as soon as the crate is opened and immediately go outside - Always to the exact same spot. Praise lavishly when puppy gets it right! Doesn't take too long to learn; in two or three weeks the training will be set-in for life. (Now you've got a good nighttime burglar alarm!) ;)

11. berettabone

berettabone In the army now..

You'll probably have a few more nights......................I don't know what your arrangement is, but if you cage them for a few weeks, in your bedroom, just so they can tell that your nearby, or smell you, or hear you breathing, and give them a toy to be with, they quiet down pretty quick. The wife and I are getting close to getting another dog. We had to put down our last dog, which was my wife's from a puppy. I had to give her credit. That dog was trained very well by her. You got a cutie..................................

12. buster40c

Ravenu if a robber came to my house he would call 911 thinking I was torturing a dog in my house.lol