Wally World ammo find

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by buster40c, Jul 7, 2015.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

2. Ernesto

Ernesto In the army now..

Whats up with the 22LR? Seems like there's no supply at all.

3. buster40c

The small print said WM doesn't list the 22lr now. I guess the reasoning is because it is gone so fast they can't keep up with reporting the counts.
    You can call your local WM and they will tell you if they have had any 22LR come in on the truck.

4. Ernesto

Ernesto In the army now..

Yeah I know, it's the demand side I don't get. I could see 9mm and nato rounds and such but 22lr?

5. dutchs

dutchs New Member Lifetime Supporter

I found this little baby in Wally today.....possibly more rare than the elusive 22lr...... IMG_1935.JPG

6. buster40c

Ernesto everybody and their brother bought 22 lr guns and also people were using the 22 for practice since it was so cheap and people were hoarding 22lr also. Demand for 22LR became huge because of that.

7. silveradoman59

silveradoman59 Member

At our local WM, the truck comes in in early morning, so we have to be there by 7am to get 22lr.

8. buster40c

At my WM the ammo is delivered in the afternoons and it isn't inventoried and put in stock till next morning. I was getting it the night it came in on the truck but evidently the early daytime buyers or management complained so I got no more night ammo buys.

9. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

When buying Federal .45 cal from Wally World, check and see what size primers they have. There are a lot of .45 cal. being sold by Wally World that has the small primers and you have to check closely if you are going to reload them. Just food for thought.

Tommy

10. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

The guys in sporting goods at our WM got tired of re-sellers waiting in the morning to buy em out.
    Now they put it out at all times of day. Good for them!

11. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I regularly check 3 Wal Marts near me,
    been doing this for a few years..sometimes 2-3 times a week.

Same results... haven't seen any on their shelf in at least 3 years.
    But I can buy it at any fleamarket, and LGS (for double price) around here.

I attribute that to my area, West Ky.
    No gainful employment whatsoever.

Soooooo, people do what they do.

Jim

12. buster40c

You need find out when their trucks come in then call to find out what 22lr ammo they got in if any. I have had store salespeople tell me they haven't seen any in months but I know that they were wrong. So it depends who you talk to also.

13. Floorist

Floorist Old Timer

I know the store manager at our Walmart. He says he can't get any. He has tried.

14. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

My local WM got a case of Win. Super X HP a little while back...it took 3 days to sell out. The guy at the counter was flabbergasted that it took so long. He thought maybe the buyers might finally be getting tired of hoarding. Plus, they didn't have a limit on purchases before, and the truckers were calling at night as they came through town and then they'd stop and buy it all in one purchase. A 3 box limit finally put a stop to that...

15. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

When they came out with the Gap 45 auto they used the small primers for an easy way to tell them apart. If companies are using them in standard 45 ACP cases they are mucking up the system.:eek: