Vietnam Virtual Wall

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by havasu, Mar 21, 2017.

1. havasu

havasu In the army now..

I am sure we all know someone who made the ultimate sacrifice in Vietnam.

1. First click on a state.
    2. When it opens, scroll down to the city and the names will appear.
    3.Then click on their names. It should show you a picture of the person, or at least their bio and medals.
    This really is an amazing web site. Someone spent a lot of time and effort to create it.
    I hope that everyone who receives this appreciates what those who served in Vietnam sacrificed for our country.
    The link below is a virtual wall of all those lost during the Vietnam war with the names, bio's and other information on our lost heroes. Those who remember that time frame, or perhaps lost friends or family can look them up on this site.
    Pass the link on to others, as many knew wonderful people whose names are listed.
    Vietnam Wall

http://www.virtualwall.org/iStates.htm

2. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Good find; thanks.

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Thanks,

Awesome website.

Jim

4. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

That site is something else. I knew two of the men. The story under their names was what I remembered hearing about their deaths. One was from my class of 1969 and he dropped out in his senior year when he turned 18 to join the Marines. He wrote a letter back to my class stating it was not a picnic over there and stay in school. He died a little over a month later by stepping on a land mine/explosive.
    The other man was MIA and never found.
    To many men died that's for sure.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  5. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Thanks for posting Havasu

6. havasu

havasu In the army now..

When I was younger, I met a guy who seemed to have a few emotional problems. Had alot of family problems and I would talk with him for hours. I really enjoyed our talks. One day, I could not find him and I've always wondered what happened to him. Well, I just found him on the site, and now I know.

7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Have visited the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington quite a few times...along with the Korean War Memorial. Both are truly inspiring...

Thanks for the link Mark...

8. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Years ago they had a replication of the wall that traveled all over the U.S. and a book that had everyone's names on it so you could look them up. I found 2 buddies but evidently the rest of them made it - Thank God! If you can't get to D.C. then look for the traveling wall. It can be a very emotional experience.

Tommy

9. havasu

havasu In the army now..

We had one of the travelling walls in my area last year. Are you aware all the helpers for those mobile walls were volunteers?

God bless them!