Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this group and currently looking for information. If this post is inappropriate I apologize. I saw someone asking for help on the value of a No 1 he wanted to buy. This is not meant to be an offer to sell because as stated below we are trying to sell them locally or the owner will keep them for if there are no local, reasonable offers.

I am helping a friend sell guns for the family's estate. I am an FFL and we are trying to sell them locally and hopefully to people who knew his dad. He has a Ruger No1 and No 3, both in 45-70. Both rifles appear to unfired and the stocks are in excellent condition. The serial #s are; No 1 130-09293 and No 3 160-63220. There is a box for the No 3 that is in fair condition. We have offers on both rifles but they seem low based on what little information I can find.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated including resources that I can use to determine the value of these rifles and some other firearms.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I acquired a 1st year production #3 in 45/70 a few months back in a trade. According to the serial number it’s one of the first 500 built. The shop was asking $795.00 for it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am new to this group and currently looking for information. If this post is inappropriate I apologize. I saw someone asking for help on the value of a No 1 he wanted to buy. This is not meant to be an offer to sell because as stated below we are trying to sell them locally or the owner will keep them for if there are no local, reasonable offers.

I am helping a friend sell guns for the family's estate. I am an FFL and we are trying to sell them locally and hopefully to people who knew his dad. He has a Ruger No1 and No 3, both in 45-70. Both rifles appear to unfired and the stocks are in excellent condition. The serial #s are; No 1 130-09293 and No 3 160-63220. There is a box for the No 3 that is in fair condition. We have offers on both rifles but they seem low based on what little information I can find.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated including resources that I can use to determine the value of these rifles and some other firearms.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts