Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There is an old saying you don't always get what you pay for. While I don't think that always applies I do believe it does using USPS for shipping. If USPS wasn't the cheapest delivery service around I don't think they would be in business now. I feel their service sucks so bad it is no wonder they are losing money every month. Yep you get crap service for cheap price with USPS.
First off the USPS has no idea 2 day delivery means it is supposed to be delivered to the end destination in 2 days. Evidently to the USPS 2 day delivery means in 2 days in could be at main distribution center for your local post office or it could be at your local post office. Perhaps the 3rd day it will be delivered to your mail box. Yes sir the post office will get it delivered rain or shine but more than likely not when it is supposed to be there.
I paid for overnight delivery and then was informed because the delivery address was not close to a major airport it would take two days. I asked how long would regular delivery take. I was told 3 days. You see there again it depends if the item gets to your local post office before their delivery vehicle has left on its route. If it has left then your package will be delivered on the next day.
My package was supposed to be delivered today but it was sitting in the North Houston sorting facility last night. So without a doubt the package got delivered to my P.O. today after the route vehicle left today. I can only hope I see the package tomorrow. The package was sent on the 15th and tomorrow will be 4 days for a 2 day delivery. Yep get what you pay for doesn't even apply to the USPS.
I have another package supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I seriously will be surprised if I even see it Friday.
End rant!

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well my 2nd day delivery came today which is 4 days. My other 2 day delivery expected today of course didn't show. I was not surprised at all.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
That sucks..

I have mostly the same service with them.

I got my Scope and rings yesterday, but on USPS tracking they still showed delivery to be this Sat.

I have hit and miss using them.

I seem to do better if I use their boxes, and 2 day prority mail.

Jim

·
Registered
498 Posts
When my regular carrier takes a day off I know it because the swing driver doesn't deliver packages. He doesn't even bother to pull them before he hits the route. His manager knows about it, but chooses to do nothing about it. Typical pseudo-government employee doing as little work as possible and wanting as much pay as he can get.

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
I get a kick out of them sometimes. I had a 2 day delivery coming from 70 miles away in Ohio that took 3 days and another one from Florida that sat in Florida for 24 hours but still made it here in 2 days. :cryinglaugh:

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I looked at my shipping box label. Label stamped 6-12-15 Priority mail 2-day. It arrived on the 18th. Dang that 2 day must have had a really bad southern drawl to it. 2 day priority mail = 6 days come rain or shine.
My package due on 2 day delivery scheduled for the 18th then got changed for the 20th. tracking shows it got to my P.O. at 8:05 this morning the 19th. Wow I guess my route driver leaves really early to make deliveries that he didn't see my package there. I don't even get my mail till around 3 PM.
I think it will be delivered today since the package got there at 8 am.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
That right there is what I typicaly experience.

Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts