Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have found some ammo and a purchased it to give it a try out of my 16.5 " Barreled Ruger PC 9 Carbine this stuff is wicked fast and it put down a 300 pound Hog with out any problem one shot stop the wound was a geyser of blood I must have hit a heart artery the pig was hit just behind its front shoulder after field dressing the hog the wound channel was huge on the inside . I cant wait to try it on a coyote at 100 yards or so. I carry one magazine full & one in the chamber for my XDM 9MM Pistol . These are now in stock at Midway USA FOR $25.99 a box of 20 Underwood Xtreme Defender Ammo 9mm Luger +P 90 Grain Lehigh Xtreme .The test below is from a 3" & 4" barreled pistol . The second video a 9mm carbine is also used.

The XD does not work in gel because gel doesn't compress or liquefy, so people claim it doesn't work. In real tissue the nosecone creates a super-cavitation bubble (Google it) which expands the tissue around the bullet and reduces drag. This allows the bullet to maintain it's velocity and rotation as the flutes redirect compressed liquefied tissue outward at up to 75% faster than the speed of the bullet. It acts like a rotating water jet blasting surrounding tissue as the bullet passes. Super-cavitation is incorporated in missile and torpedo design and a water jet can cut through 3" of steel. This is proven technology. The “2016/17 Joint Agency Ballistic Test For Defensive Handgun Ammunition” says "Overall: This was by far the most impressive round tested".

http://nebula.wsimg.com/d0ba783a795f1cef262aa1027d14a092?AccessKeyId=6BF38C5AD5E3222E4D9B&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

"Many of our testers wondered if vectoring real compressed tissue sideways into tissue would actually destroy that adjacent tissue that is not directly in the path of the projectile ... we can confirm that this technology works extremely well in actual animal tissue with or without barriers. Remember that hollow points expand because tissue which fills the hole in the hollow point is compressed to such a point that the outward pressure inside the bullet pushes and tears the metal and forces it outward where friction then takes over to complete the expansion. If tissue can be compressed to the point of tearing metal (hollow point) then tissue can certainly be compressed to the point of tearing tissue. The Phase 4/5 tissue tests confirmed that in over 100 shots the measured wound channel was not only larger than that of an FMJ, but in most cases was the largest wound channel produced in that caliber compared to all other rounds to include fully functioning hollow points" !

Don't knock it until you try it on a large to medium size animal like a Hog or a Coyote . I have and the wound channel is very impressive as well as devastating.

Reactions: mrmike7189

·
Registered
83 Posts
😁
I had some corbon 115 grain +P 9mm that would zip out of my 4.5 inch barrell pistol at 1350fps.
That was the lightest weight 9mm load I've ever used. 90 grains will surely get zippy.

·
Registered
220 Posts
have found some ammo and a purchased it to give it a try out of my 16.5 " Barreled Ruger PC 9 Carbine this stuff is wicked fast and it put down a 300 pound Hog with out any problem one shot stop the wound was a geyser of blood I must have hit a heart artery the pig was hit just behind its front shoulder after field dressing the hog the wound channel was huge on the inside . I cant wait to try it on a coyote at 100 yards or so. I carry one magazine full & one in the chamber for my XDM 9MM Pistol . These are now in stock at Midway USA FOR $25.99 a box of 20 Underwood Xtreme Defender Ammo 9mm Luger +P 90 Grain Lehigh Xtreme .The test below is from a 3" & 4" barreled pistol . The second video a 9mm carbine is also used.

The XD does not work in gel because gel doesn't compress or liquefy, so people claim it doesn't work. In real tissue the nosecone creates a super-cavitation bubble (Google it) which expands the tissue around the bullet and reduces drag. This allows the bullet to maintain it's velocity and rotation as the flutes redirect compressed liquefied tissue outward at up to 75% faster than the speed of the bullet. It acts like a rotating water jet blasting surrounding tissue as the bullet passes. Super-cavitation is incorporated in missile and torpedo design and a water jet can cut through 3" of steel. This is proven technology. The “2016/17 Joint Agency Ballistic Test For Defensive Handgun Ammunition” says "Overall: This was by far the most impressive round tested".

http://nebula.wsimg.com/d0ba783a795f1cef262aa1027d14a092?AccessKeyId=6BF38C5AD5E3222E4D9B&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

"Many of our testers wondered if vectoring real compressed tissue sideways into tissue would actually destroy that adjacent tissue that is not directly in the path of the projectile ... we can confirm that this technology works extremely well in actual animal tissue with or without barriers. Remember that hollow points expand because tissue which fills the hole in the hollow point is compressed to such a point that the outward pressure inside the bullet pushes and tears the metal and forces it outward where friction then takes over to complete the expansion. If tissue can be compressed to the point of tearing metal (hollow point) then tissue can certainly be compressed to the point of tearing tissue. The Phase 4/5 tissue tests confirmed that in over 100 shots the measured wound channel was not only larger than that of an FMJ, but in most cases was the largest wound channel produced in that caliber compared to all other rounds to include fully functioning hollow points" !

Don't knock it until you try it on a large to medium size animal like a Hog or a Coyote . I have and the wound channel is very impressive as well as devastating.
They are the best hunting ammo you can get and it seems to be replacing the heavy lead.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts