TX open carry

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by buster40c, Dec 19, 2015.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I was just wondering will open carry with a CHL make any changes in what or how you carry after 1-1 2016 when open carry becomes legal in TX?
    I might occasionally carry my bigger guns since CC accidental showing will not be a problem then. I don't really see carrying open much because I don't see the citizens accepting it openly, at first anyway. It might be interesting to do a test run just to see the response from the public on open carry.
    Personally I think open carry could be creating greater danger to myself. That depends how many other people are open carrying where I am at. A criminal with intent seeing several people open carrying could very possibly choose to leave. Where as a criminal seeing maybe only one open carry might cause him to make his first shot towards the open carry.
    January could be interesting to watch TX.

2. Willieboy

Willieboy New Member

I don't plan to carry openly. I will be nice to know however, that a jacket blown open, revealing my cc won't get be in trouble.

I did but a few OWB holsters but will wear then under cover. OWB sure is comfortable.

3. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I only carry OWB unless I have one in my front pants pocket. I love the LCR 357 for the front pocket. Hope I don't have to use it because I will be deaf for a week.

4. Ernesto

Ernesto In the army now..

AZ has had it for a long time now. I rarely see it in cities or out in rural areas. I think it's a right we all should have but it's not sensible. Out on the range is just fine.

5. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I carry my pistol all the time. Unlike Ernesto, I live much closer to Phoenix which is a sanctuary city and we do have a lot of crime in Phoenix. However, this time of the year I wear my sweatshirt and a heavy coat so my weapon is not on open display. You can see the tip of it if you look hard but most people don't even notice. Here in Mesa we have quite a few who carry and most do as I do, they don't advertise it. Like Buster stated, you could be a deterrent for a bad guy if he sees you are carrying or you could be his first target. I will carry mine hoping I never have to use it, but if I do, I would rather have it than not. Better to have one and not need it rather than need it and not having it with you is my reason for carry.

Tommy

6. Ernesto

Ernesto In the army now..

Possible confusion, I never go anywhere without my pistola, even the bathroom sometimes. Heck, I wouldn't want to be caught with my pants down and unarmed. :D
    However I keep mine tucked neatly in the front under the pants with shirt over it.