TX CC renewal

Discussion in 'Second Amendment and Legal' started by buster40c, May 19, 2016.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I have a question about renewing my Texas CCL.
    This email confirms you have submitted an online application. See below for the checklist of items required to complete your application. If you have already submitted the required items, please do not send additional copies.

Once all required items are received by RSD, please allow sufficient time for processing. If additional items are required, you will be notified by mail to your address of record

CHECKLIST:
    TxDPS will attempt to use the passport photo and resubmit the fingerprints on file for your renewal application. If either of these items does not meet current quality standards, TxDPS will notify the applicant and a new submission will be required. If you have not already done so, please submit all items listed above (if any) at one time by secured email to RSD or by mail to:

This sounds like they will possibly use my photo and fingerprints on file from my original first CCL application. So I am thinking if the items on file are not accepted then they will notify me. Am I wrong about this? Do I need get another photo taken and submit it to DPS?

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  2. buster40c

Gee am I the only one here that has had to renew their Texas concealed carry license?

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I can tell ya that I haven't.;):D

Jim

4. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

When I recently renewed mine they used my latest drivers license photo, I didn't have to send in a new mug shot.
    Way back when I got finger printed for my first CHL the officer doing the prints noticed they were not very clear, he said probably from the work I do/did.
    I thought for sure I'd have to send in more prints, nope I had my new LTC in less than a month.
    Let us know how it goes for you.

5. buster40c

Thanks Magnum. I thought that was the way it was but I wanted to make sure my renewal app wasn't sitting in limbo waiting for me to send them something else. I hadn't thought about them just using my renewed last year drivers license picture. I believe for drivers license renewal by mail they just use your last license picture.
    I had my first CHL in about 3 weeks and it has been almost 3 weeks now for the renewal.

6. buster40c

Update: I received today my renewed license to carry handgun. I believe I applied May 2nd and today is May 25th so just over 3 weeks total to get it received. They did use my 2015 drivers license photo for the renewed license.

7. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

:cool:

It takes 60-90 days in Ky.

Jim