Two Down, One to Go

Discussion in 'Ruger 10/22' started by harrise, Apr 1, 2013.

1. harrise

harrise New Member

Last Tuesday I picked up a 10/22 from one of the local chain outfits. Took a couple of months of literally scrounging for change and doing little odd jobs for friends to put the money together. I'm pleased that I didn't have to dip into my main gun fund to obtain it. That money is destined to be a Mini of some sort.

Gotta keep that in mind since this new guy is obviously going to be needing some upgrades and whatnot. No spending until the safe is full to my liking.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Already put a whole 333 box through it.
    [​IMG]

Thing is, I must replace that horrendous front bead setup. I don't know what it is about that thing, but it completely disappears from my focal point when lined up. It's also not lined up so I'm kinda shooting without it anyway right now. My thoughts are to keep it looking a bit like the Scout and going with a ghost ring and post setup. Saw the one with a rail mentioned in another thread. Then I'll need to get the barrel threaded, slap a cage on the end, get a new trigger group, and anything else I find to replace.

At first I thought it would stay mostly stock. Then when I broke it down to do the initial cleaning, I hit the trigger and released the hammer causing a bit of confusion. The rifle wouldn't go back together so I learned how the entire trigger assembly works and rebuilt it from all loose parts. Now, I'm not a-scared to do anything on this rifle.

Any thoughts/recommendations on optics for someone who hasn't used them before and who wants to keep things on the cheap side? I might go straight to a scope and forget about the sights for now.

2. hombre243

hombre243 New Member

Scopes and Mounts

www.Pyramidair.com has scopes that will work very nicely on firearms. Mounts also if needed.

3. shadecorp

shadecorp Member

Very Nice. :)
    I am jealous. :eek:

4. harrise

harrise New Member

I ended up buying one of the Bushnell rimfire scopes for $30 plus some $7 rings. Finally got everything in place and set up with the 25 yards at the local club. I'm really loving this rifle. Up next is a recoil pad for more length and a new barrel band.
    [​IMG]

25 shots at 25 yards...
    [​IMG]

I've also finished saving. There should be a Mini thread of some sort soon. Then I have to wait a while before buying another gun for me.

5. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Good shootin,
    Enjoy ,
    Love my 10/22 also.

Jim

6. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Administrator

7. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

Nice shooting.

Will be looking forward to the Mini thread, but if you think you are done at three you are sorely mistaken. Lmao, there has to be room in the safe for more, if not time for a bigger safe.

8. FrogSwatter

FrogSwatter New Member

That is a very good looking "set" of rifles!

9. jetspeed8

jetspeed8 New Member

Very Nice. Are you getting the Takedown next..

10. harrise

harrise New Member

I would most enjoy a takedown tactical, but that's a bit out of reach at the moment.

Check out what I discovered upon cleaning up after the range this evening. That's good ol' part B-46...
    [​IMG]

Guess I'm going to try the polymer thing. I was just on hold with them for an hour a couple of days ago. Dagnabbit.

11. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Great looking gun.....love the stock on it....