Turn coat Republicans

Discussion in 'Second Amendment and Legal' started by tater, Apr 11, 2013.

1. tater

tater New Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDFy7EwBggg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDFy7EwBggg[/ame] :mad:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2013
  2. giturgun

giturgun New Member

Ye I always vote 2nd amendment and voted for both of the crooked Tn (alexander and corker) They had run on a pro 2nd platform. I have called both today. Corker ans service said it was full so I called the Tri citys office . Let both know my time to vote and all my friends time is coming. wE NEED TO GET OUT AND VOTE DURING MIDTERM AND CALL THESE WORMS as well as those supporting our constitution./ Vote em out or keep em in according to their vote. I

3. tater

tater New Member

If we lose the midterms we are [​IMG]

4. jrc

jrc New Member

Absolutely!!! The most constructive thing you can do.

5. bhale187

bhale187 New Member

It is important to understand that they did not vote for the bill, they voted to stop the filibuster, and allow the bill to be debated. Now if they vote for a bill infringing upon the 2nd amendment I'd agree they need voted out, but allowing a debate to occur on the subject and voting for it are two very different things.

6. tater

tater New Member

It puts the Bill 1 step closer .

Do you think will change their mind next time............

7. threetango

threetango Special Dance Instructor

It is absolutely necessary to contact your representatives and let them know how you feel or this could [​IMG]

8. bhale187

bhale187 New Member

I want the AWB to come to a vote. I think it will lose, and until it loses the prices of ammo, mags, and 'assault weapons' will remain insanely high. The longer it lingers as a threat, the longer high prices and low availability will remain. Let this crap get voted on and than vote out those who voted for it. Like I said, I don't believe a ban on 'assault weapons' and 'high capacity' magazines will make it through the house and senate.

9. JohnPaul

JohnPaul New Member

My Senator, Tom Coburn also said he voted to allow the bill to be debated. I let him know there is no debating the constitution or our rights. He has been a good Senator but by turning his back on the people who elected him I can tell you he won't be reelected.

10. tater

tater New Member

Looks like we got 1 turn coat back..

Washington, D.C.) – Today, U.S. Senator Dean Heller (R-NV) issued the following statement in opposition to the Manchin-Toomey amendment to S. 649.
    “When it comes to national policy choices on issues such as Constitutional liberties, gun violence and public safety, the stakes could not be higher. The enormity of this issue has weighed heavily on me. While I was home this past weekend, my family and I ate at the Carson IHOP where four people lost their lives and several were injured. The survivors of that senseless shooting in the morning hours of September 6, 2011, deserve this debate.
    “I believe very strongly that our current background check system needs strengthening and improving, particularly in areas that could keep guns out of the hands of felons and the mentally ill. At the same time, I cannot support legislation that infringes upon the Constitutional right to keep and bear arms. Despite the good faith efforts of Senators Manchin and Toomey, the onerous paperwork and expansion of federal power mandated in this legislation are too great of a concern. I believe that this legislation could lead to the creation of a national gun registry and puts additional burdens on law-abiding citizens. For these reasons, I cannot vote for this legislation,” said Senator Dean Heller.
    Follow Senator Heller on Facebook
    On Twitter @SenDeanHeller
    And on YouTube
    *If you are no longer interested in receiving updates, please do not respond to this email, as it is an unattended e-mail address. Please click the link below if you would like to be removed from future e-mails.

11. bhale187

bhale187 New Member

I just don't see how voting to allow the debate made anyone a turn coat. The debate called elected officials to the floor to make their stances public, and in turn gave us a chance to decide who deserved our votes next time, and who we want to vote out. Blocking the debate would only allow the cowards to keep their views hidden from us.

Voting for a chance to debate gun control is a world apart from voting for gun control.

12. tater

tater New Member

There is NO debate of the Second Amendment.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

13. bhale187

bhale187 New Member

I'm not arguing that at all, I'm saying the opening of the debate allowed us to see who does not agree with that sentiment.

14. tater

tater New Member

I`am sorry no arguing here.:)
    To me it is cut/dry " shall not be infringed"

15. bhale187

bhale187 New Member

agreed, and glad to see it got voted down already. If this can't pass surely an AWB can't pass. We got to see who doesn't support or 2nd amendment and hopefully this will signal an end to the stupid high prices soon.

16. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Feinstein's gun ban failed too ;).