Tsa ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by buster40c, Jan 19, 2016.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  2. RTAdmin

RTAdmin Administrator Administrator

I'm tired of taking my shoes off...

3. buster40c

I hadn't flown in many years and then in 2011 I flew to a family reunion and I saw the woman in front of me standing in her bare feet. I thought what the heck is she standing on these dirty floors in her bare feet for. Then I saw her shoes on the belt and thought you got to be kidding me. I am glad I wasn't wearing my cowboy boots that day.
    Now the NSA makes people do even more crap yet let towel heads go through and that is BS IMO and I refuse to fly any more. Flying is IMO one of the worst experiences with all the rush rush and be treated as a possible terrorist. This country has gone to hell by giving in to foreigners over the citizens. IMO!

4. gunslinger669

gunslinger669 Active Member

TSA, actually. The NSA could care less, I would think.

5. buster40c

OOPS! My goof. I can't believe I made a mistake already this year!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  6. havasu

havasu In the army now..

I was on a flight recently with a group of about 10 Red Cross personnel. We all had our company shirts on with Red Cross backpacks. Every one of us were sent to the explosive machine where we were all swabbed for explosives. Next to us was a group of middle age Muslims wearing their funny looking pajamas. None of their group was even looked at. Yeah, I am also a bit peeved about TSA on this one.

7. buster40c

How many people have been hurt or raped or even killed by the TSA officers? Keeping us safe? Dang near molest the aged or young children? But like you said let a middle eastern person wearing their total body covering garb gets to go through without inspection because of their religion. What a crock!

8. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

PC will be the ultimate downfall of my country...

and yours too if your an American..

[​IMG]

Jim

9. Ernesto

Ernesto In the army now..

I got swabbed coming back from Florida. Hell I was in Disney World and never left the place cept to and fro all on Disney Buses. Kinda pissed me off some little punk is swabbing and frisking me even after I went through the x-ray machine. Probably just wanted to grab my wiener. :)

10. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

And they know your activity and whereabouts for your stay? We fly a few times each yr, mostly to Disney and vent had any TSA issues. Occasionally there's the one agent that's perhaps not the picture perfect one but that happens to everyone at some point in any profession.
    The pat downs...a couple but was shown the image and how some clothing will indicate a false positive. In one case it was the emblem/path sewn on which had high content of metallic material. Made sense then. All it took was politely inquiring. Going in with a negative attitude just makes a single hair out of place into a huge issue. Heck, one instance I'd spent a week sorting out my late father-in-laws items, mostly firearms and ammunition and upon going through security I was asked to step aside. Very quickly there was an armed individual at the station. The "little punk" as some see them calmly asked if a particular laptop was mine. I told him it was and they passed it back through the screener. During that time he swabbed my hands and placed the material into a machine. I'd told him what my week consisted of - just plain 1:1 conversation. Seems by handling the firearms and ammo and then going to my laptop repeatedly I'd transfer trace amounts of chemicals to the laptop which the screening machine picked up. Swabbing the laptop it showed chemicals consistent with explosives. He showed me the screen with the results and explained it all very casually and friendly. Within 5 minutes we were on our way. Very professional in my opinion.
    To so many though it takes but a single inconvenience or act which they deem as wrong to make a whole process as wrong. Oh wait...that happens when someone uses a gun n a crime too - makes all gun owners bad people. Guess the sterotypes go both ways. ;)

11. gunslinger669

Invasion of privacy, warrantless search, assault, guilty before innocent..etc.etc. yeah, no- the stereotypes don't go " both ways". Just one way- inconvenience and infringe the rights of, and assume as guilty, the general law abiding population.

12. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

Gee, so if all this is as factual as you say why not spearhead the lawsuit? Just a guess at some point during your suit, you'll hear the term "implied consent". ;) The "guilty before innocent"...certainly you never judge anyone before being absolutely sure of your assumptions being factual right? Gonna guess also that there's no "right" be be able to fly on a commercial airline. Flying and all it involves is a freely chosen option. However, as I said, if what you state is factual, step up put your money down and iniate the changes. Think of the monetary reward you'd have after your win. ;)

13. gunslinger669

The difference between my judging you and the government doing so is made by the laws the government is required to abide by. The fact that the sheeple of this country continually allow the moderate subversive erosion of their rights in the ongoing quest of the government's desire to "know what's best and to do what's best", regardless of the laws and the Constitution of this country is sickening. It's a statement of the absolute pathos and "not my responsibility" whine heard all around this nation.

Don't get me started on the problem with government sticking it's ignorant and inefficient nose into commercial enterprises and private businesses.

This country doesn't need anymore lawsuits. It needs a "house cleaning ".