Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this 10/22 three or four years ago. It is the best shooting gun I have ever owned ! However, my daughter is getting married and asked if she could have the gun as a wedding gift ! Ugh. Of course she can, but I want to replace it. I don't seem to have the receipts. Other that the Tandemcross label on the bolt, and the Houge label on the stock, I can't find the name of the company that built this gun. Does anyone out there know where it may have come from, or, where I can get one just like it? Thanks in advance !!
Tartan Wood Textile Tablecloth Flooring

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think the firearm you are showing is one you or anyone else can put together IMHO. I think in reality that is what this firearm really is. The bolt you can buy many places, if you feel the need for a "machined" versus cast orig. bolt and the stock is definitely an after market Hogue Overmold, available from Optics Planet and many other outlets etc. The machined bolt is supposed to provide better accuracy, I say "supposed too" because there are so many other variables when trying for accuracy to consider, I am not certain how the bolt will solve all the problems etc.? I have owned 16-20 different 10/22' and have 3 older originals, now. Orig Carbine, original Sporter, original Full stock Mannlicher. All are walnut with original metal trigger groups and other metal original components. I sold my target models, take downs, heavy barreled models, etc. They all shot fine and all used original bolts etc. I only ever change the trigger components to use Volquartsen hammer & spring that makes the pull smoother, and the auto bolt release too. That is it. Will they shoot (1) hole match groups at 100 yds? Nope, and neither can I, but they shoot very well and I have never missed an ethical game shot with any of them. In my use of the 10/22 I have found that ammunition contributes more to accuracy than anything else. Find the load your rifle likes and the rest is up to you. just one mans opinion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the firearm you are showing is one you or anyone else can put together IMHO. I think in reality that is what this firearm really is. The bolt you can buy many places, if you feel the need for a "machined" versus cast orig. bolt and the stock is definitely an after market Hogue Overmold, available from Optics Planet and many other outlets etc. The machined bolt is supposed to provide better accuracy, I say "supposed too" because there are so many other variables when trying for accuracy to consider, I am not certain how the bolt will solve all the problems etc.? I have owned 16-20 different 10/22' and have 3 older originals, now. Orig Carbine, original Sporter, original Full stock Mannlicher. All are walnut with original metal trigger groups and other metal original components. I sold my target models, take downs, heavy barreled models, etc. They all shot fine and all used original bolts etc. I only ever change the trigger components to use Volquartsen hammer & spring that makes the pull smoother, and the auto bolt release too. That is it. Will they shoot (1) hole match groups at 100 yds? Nope, and neither can I, but they shoot very well and I have never missed an ethical game shot with any of them. In my use of the 10/22 I have found that ammunition contributes more to accuracy than anything else. Find the load your rifle likes and the rest is up to you. just one mans opinion.
LMB,

That is the conclusion I came to...going to build one. I've built a bunch of AR's (5.56 & .308), I am sure I can put this together. Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Well said.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought this 10/22 three or four years ago. It is the best shooting gun I have ever owned ! However, my daughter is getting married and asked if she could have the gun as a wedding gift ! Ugh. Of course she can, but I want to replace it. I don't seem to have the receipts. Other that the Tandemcross label on the bolt, and the Houge label on the stock, I can't find the name of the company that built this gun. Does anyone out there know where it may have come from, or, where I can get one just like it? Thanks in advance !! View attachment 13216
Glasses Smile Chainsaw Cap Military camouflage
My 10/22 Ruger , love it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you build it, or buy it? If you built it, were there any challenges? Nice gun.
Well pretty much cames with 2 barrel's and 2 frames. Original barrel and a heavy barrel. Wood and polymer frame. The sellers give me everything he had . Was a good deal and I calibrate the scope and shoots perfect. I want to get a Mark's Men 22 pistol stainless steel . Will see. Thanks for the compliment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts