Trump’s pick for Supreme Court Judge

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by RL Johnson, Jul 12, 2018.

1. RL Johnson

RL Johnson Active Member

Well what do you think? Good choice, bad choices? The democrats don’t seem to like him, that makes him a great choice in my opinion.

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Supposedly he is pro constitution and is a conservative. I just wonder if the democrats will bring a smear campaign against him. We will soon see.

After watching some Senate interviews of Kagan I can't begin to understand how she was appointed. She has so far showed her liberal progressive stand.

3. MuleOne

MuleOne New Member

Democrats will definitely bring a smear campaign because that's all they can do. This guy is definitely qualified. I think his rulings will be based on the Constitution and the law and he will not try and make policy from the bench, which I believe is what you want in a supreme court justice. One of their latest issues is he's favored by the Federalist Scociety. But they voted for judge Roberts and he's a member of the society. So was Scalia and he got 98 votes in the Senate. The only reason they are against Kavanaugh is because Trump nominated him.

rugertoter likes this.
  4. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

Well, I most certainly think he would be better than Kennedy. ;)

5. jbardellini

jbardellini Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

If he gets in I guess we will see. Although I gave my doubts in the decision.

6. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

If the dems hate him he has to be good.

rugertoter likes this.
  7. Steve Blalo

Steve Blalo New Member

"In Heller, the Supreme Court held that handguns – the vast majority of which today are semi-automatic – are constitutionally protected because they have not traditionally been banned and are in common use by law-abiding citizens. There is no meaningful or persuasive constitutional distinction between semi-automatic handguns and semiautomatic rifles. Semi-automatic rifles, like semi-automatic handguns, have not traditionally been banned and are in common use by law-abiding citizens for self-defense in the home, hunting, and other lawful uses. Moreover, semiautomatic handguns are used in connection with violent crimes far more than semi-automatic rifles are. It follows from Heller’s protection of semi-automatic handguns that semi-automatic rifles are also constitutionally protected and that D.C.’s ban on them is unconstitutional."
    Judge Kavanaugh dissent on DC AW ban.
    https://www.nationalreview.com/bench-memos/judge-kavanaughs-record-on-second-amendment-gun-rights/