Trouble with disassembly in P90DC Versions.

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by Iodajoey, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Iodajoey

Iodajoey New Member

I have two P90DC's and the slides are totally different from each other. Other than the obvious ambi-decock vs. the left thumb decock, there are also different barrels and guide rods and maybe even more. I mention this because with my earlier version (polished sides) I am having trouble disassembling it with out specific positioning of the firearm when doing so. The later version (totally matte) field strips smooth as silk. Also, the slide overhangs the back of the frame on the early version. It seems to have something to do with the barrel and the tab attached to it which the pin goes through.
    The early barrel is machined at an angle that blends the offset in the height of the front of the slide with the rear of the slide. The later barrel is not contoured but has a short bevel at the rear. It's the early version that is difficult to disassemble.
    I love these two as they are the first two handguns I ever bought. Any ideas on resolving my difficulty with disassembly of the early version?

2. tercel89

tercel89 New Member

Could you please show some pictures of the two and the parts ? It would be a lot easier to diagnose. I am very familair with taking apart these slides all the way down to the pins and all .

3. Iodajoey

Iodajoey New Member

Here's one...

Attached Files:

4. Iodajoey

Iodajoey New Member

Here's two...

Attached Files:

5. Iodajoey

Iodajoey New Member

And three... I can't tell if this is factory revisions or gunsmithing.

Attached Files: