Tritium night sights for Ruger SP101 3"

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by Redleg, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Redleg

Redleg New Member

I love my SP101 3" gun now that I have had the Wolf Spring Kit added and a light trigger smoothing job by my trusted gunsmith. One thing I wanted to address was the front sight. The OEM front sight is black, which of course is very difficult to see when acquiring any dark target, such as a bull's-eye target.

I installed the Meprolight sight for the SP101 and it is a huge improvement over the OEM black sight. In ordinary lighting conditions the big white dot is much easier to use for a quick acquisition sight picture. And obviously in dim light conditions it is better. Here are some hasty, somewhat lousy pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At the range the sights were accurately sighted in and my gunsmith had verified that via laser boresighting. So I am completely pleased with this sight.
    Here is my review on Amazon.com. http://www.amazon.com/review/R2W8ANBU7G105I/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm ("Helpful" clicks appreciated: let Amazon know that we are reading reviews of gun products!)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  2. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Looks great.....and a great review....

3. colin1230

colin1230 New Member

Very nice SP101 Redleg. Really like the grip panels.

I also installed the Wolfe Spring Kit and smoothed the trigger on my 3" SP101. The Meprolight front sight may also be a very nice addition. Thanks for the tip and review.

Here is a shot of mine with Altamont grips. What a dandy little revolver they are!

[​IMG]

4. Redleg

Redleg New Member

Nifty grip there, Colin.

I can wholeheartedly recommend the Meprolight sights. They really made the gun for me as I sometimes had trouble forming a good sight picture with the all-black stock sight.