trigger guard latch spring ??

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by brushunter, May 15, 2015.

1. brushunter

brushunter New Member

I've recently aquired a SP-101. A newer model , the .357 in 4" with the fiber optic sight. After shooting a box or so at the range I decided to re-spring it and replace the grip. I purchased a Wolf kit from Midway and did the installation yesterday. My question: the "trigger guard latch spring", is it the same diameter on both ends. Seems my trigger reset is odd feeling now. Works fine. Almost feels like it has a double reset. Perhaps its just the 8# spring versus heavier OEM spring. I'm really happy with the transformation , grips and springs , really made a difference.

Oh and BTW , I did look at the OEM spring, I can't see any difference.

Thanks ,
    Brushunter

2. brushunter

brushunter New Member

update .....doesn't matter about the spring ....Didn't like the soft feel , put the OEM back in. With the 10# main spring and the stock latch spring, works good , feels good.

Regards , brushunter

3. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

The DA trigger was really about the only thing I didn't like about my SP101 .327 mag. Well that and the price of .327 rounds is even higher than 38 or 357. I also replaced the stock grips with Hogue tamers which made a huge difference in felt recoil. I sold the gun. Now I have the Match Champion and really like the trigger. I have seen a few posts of people changing out the springs for a better trigger on the SP101. The SP101 is a pretty gun and built like a tank also.

Last edited: May 17, 2015
  4. brushunter

brushunter New Member

After exchanging "latch" springs and then back again , believe my SP would really benifit from a good buffing/polishing on the internals of the trigger assembly. I'm thinking on it , but not sure I want to tackle that. With the 8# latch spring installed i could really feel a dragging like effect ...probably roughness either in the spring tunnel or maybe along side the trigger ?? Anyway , think I'll live with it for awhile. Maybe a few thousand rounds will smooth it out. Besides I don't notice it as much with the OEM spring. I put Hogue Exotic Woods on mine ... looks good. And functional as long as the loads are of the .38+P variety.

regards , brushunter