Traded my S&W M&P9 for a Ruger LC9 Today

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by sarge1967, Feb 27, 2013.

1. sarge1967

sarge1967 New Member

I just traded my S&W M&P9 for a Ruger LC9 NRA edition today. I just could not get past the crummy trigger on the M&P and did not want to spend the money it takes to get the thing right. I was looking for a small single stack 9mm. My LGS had the LC9 and a Kahr CW9. I like the LC9 much better than the Kahr, so I did the trade. Will pick it up on Sat. I hope it shoots good.

2. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

Hope you like your LC9! I love mine, but the trigger takes a little getting used to. It's a VERY, very long pull. Mine was kind of gritty at first but after about 150 rounds it smoothed up real well and is consistent. It's also very reliable and accurate with 115 grain ammo. Good luck and happy shooting!

3. sarge1967

sarge1967 New Member

I had a couple to choose from and picked the one with the best trigger. I am a revolver shooter so the long pull reminds me of a DA revolver. I won't have an issue with it. There is no creep or grit in it and those are the things I hate.

4. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

I think all you did was exchange "crummy" triggers. Hope you enjoy your Elsie.