Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
If you want a gun for concealed carry then go for it. If you like using your PT 1911 for target shooting then maybe you should keep it. The 9mm is a lot cheaper to shoot but the XDS will probably not be as much fun shooting at the range. Depends what you plan on using it for whether to trade or not. I am guessing the XDS probably cost more than your Taurus but I am not sure. Do a price check and see if it is a win win deal.
Pitbull it would be appreciated if you go to introductions and introduce yourself to the members. That often gives new members a better rolling start here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you want a gun for concealed carry then go for it. If you like using your PT 1911 for target shooting then maybe you should keep it. The 9mm is a lot cheaper to shoot but the XDS will probably not be as much fun shooting at the range. Depends what you plan on using it for whether to trade or not. I am guessing the XDS probably cost more than your Taurus but I am not sure. Do a price check and see if it is a win win deal.
Pitbull it would be appreciated if you go to introductions and introduce yourself to the members. That often gives new members a better rolling start here.
Thanks I carry a SW Shield 40 or my lcp 380. So it would probably be a range gun

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I think your Taurus would be better suited for your intended use then. Have you shot the XDS?

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
I have owned the Springfield XD9, those mags are about $35 apiece. That said those sights on the XD although drift able are hard as a rock to move. The grip is also wider than the Taurus, make sure you shoot it first to ensure you like it.:cool:

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
If I was going to the range to punch holes ... or pop steel.
at 25 yards.

The 5" 1911 will be my choice.

The 3.3" barrel 9mm is more a 10 yard gun at best.

Just me.

Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts