Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to RT, first post. I have two Glocks (21 & 23) and two Ruger handguns (SR-9 & SR-1911). I just held the new SR-45 for the first time. Wow, I need gorilla hands to hold onto my Glock 21 but this gun is just about the width if the SR-9.

Question: should I trade the Glock 21 for the SR-45? The gun store is only giving me $400 trade for the Glock ($600 new last year) and want $500 for the SR-45. I'm taking a $200 hit with the trade. That's what I can't get over. Straight up trade would've already been done.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
182 Posts
You could find someone to buy your glock, then go purchase the SR45. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice. I went to the gun shop and would've paid $150 out of pocket for the SR-45. I held off. The Glock is a better gun, so I just went ahead and bought the SR-45 straight out. Doesn't hurt to have two.

I have had great lunch with all of my Ruger pistols and rifles. Recently had to send my Glock 23 in for repair, $150.00. That's what got my wheels turning. Maybe I'll trade the 23 up when I get it back for the SR-40c.

Thanks again.

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Congrats on the SR45.......welcome to RT....

·
Administrator
15,026 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I went to the gun shop and would've paid $150 out of pocket for the SR-45. I held off. The Glock is a better gun, so I just went ahead and bought the SR-45 straight out. Doesn't hurt to have two.

I have had great lunch with all of my Ruger pistols and rifles. Recently had to send my Glock 23 in for repair, $150.00. That's what got my wheels turning. Maybe I'll trade the 23 up when I get it back for the SR-40c.

Thanks again.

Congrats on the addition :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Nice. I'd have a hard time letting go of a Glock. Ruger is good stuff too.

Doesn't hurt to have two ... sounds familiar. :D

G

·
I would have made the trade straight across.......but then I don't think much of Glocks. A good Glock is one that belongs to someone else ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would have made the trade straight across.......but then I don't think much of Glocks. A good Glock is one that belongs to someone else ;)

I enjoy shooting the Ruger over the Glock all day long, so my Glocks don't get much action at the range and are usually sitting in my safe when I go out.

On a side note - the SR -45 is an amazing pistol. The grip on it is as thin as my SR-9. I can't wait to shoot it this weekend. I'll post up the results of the first few hundreds rounds.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah I'm not much of a glock fan either that's why I bought a ruger and joined this forum. Can't "hate" them they are proven reliable weapons just not for me

·
Registered
907 Posts
Hell no. I love Rugers, but the SR45 is not among them. The G21 blows the Ruger out of the water in reliability track record, ease of customization and range of accessories.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Problem selling or trading to a shop is they have to make a profit, they can't give you it's true worth. Enjoy the new Ruger!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Problem selling or trading to a shop is they have to make a profit, they can't give you it's true worth. Enjoy the new Ruger!

Thanks! Going to shoot it today for the first time. Will report back. I'm going to take the G21 too and compare. Should be a fun day!

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Both weapons are of good quality and reliability! I own a Glock 19 gen 3 and it is my CCW, however I just purchased a new SR1911 and found it to be tight and seems to be well built as they used the old 70 series Colt design. I still have a Colt 1911 combat commander however it is chambered in 9mm and it shoots extremely well. I have owned and shot 1911's since the early 1970's and have a kinship to them. One has to remember that the 1911 design has basically stayed around for 102 yrs. so it's hard to knock a product that has proven itself for that many years. I haven't had the chance for fire my SR1911 but will these week-end and give you a report back. First thing I noticed is the grip and from the Glock to the 1911, it will be quite a difference, however I am used to the 1911's so I don't anticipate a problem. I would say this: if you don't have a 1911 series style pistol, now is the time to pick one up as I don't see anything changing except the price on the 1911's will escalate in the upcoming years. MHO only!
Tommy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts