Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to RT, first post. I have two Glocks (21 & 23) and two Ruger handguns (SR-9 & SR-1911). I just held the new SR-45 for the first time. Wow, I need gorilla hands to hold onto my Glock 21 but this gun is just about the width if the SR-9.

Question: should I trade the Glock 21 for the SR-45? The gun store is only giving me $400 trade for the Glock ($600 new last year) and want $500 for the SR-45. I'm taking a $200 hit with the trade. That's what I can't get over. Straight up trade would've already been done.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice. I went to the gun shop and would've paid $150 out of pocket for the SR-45. I held off. The Glock is a better gun, so I just went ahead and bought the SR-45 straight out. Doesn't hurt to have two.

I have had great lunch with all of my Ruger pistols and rifles. Recently had to send my Glock 23 in for repair, $150.00. That's what got my wheels turning. Maybe I'll trade the 23 up when I get it back for the SR-40c.

Thanks again.

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Congrats on the SR45.......welcome to RT....

·
Administrator
15,026 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I went to the gun shop and would've paid $150 out of pocket for the SR-45. I held off. The Glock is a better gun, so I just went ahead and bought the SR-45 straight out. Doesn't hurt to have two.

I have had great lunch with all of my Ruger pistols and rifles. Recently had to send my Glock 23 in for repair, $150.00. That's what got my wheels turning. Maybe I'll trade the 23 up when I get it back for the SR-40c.

Thanks again.

Congrats on the addition :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Nice. I'd have a hard time letting go of a Glock. Ruger is good stuff too.

Doesn't hurt to have two ... sounds familiar. :D

G

·
I would have made the trade straight across.......but then I don't think much of Glocks. A good Glock is one that belongs to someone else ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would have made the trade straight across.......but then I don't think much of Glocks. A good Glock is one that belongs to someone else ;)

I enjoy shooting the Ruger over the Glock all day long, so my Glocks don't get much action at the range and are usually sitting in my safe when I go out.

On a side note - the SR -45 is an amazing pistol. The grip on it is as thin as my SR-9. I can't wait to shoot it this weekend. I'll post up the results of the first few hundreds rounds.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Both weapons are of good quality and reliability! I own a Glock 19 gen 3 and it is my CCW, however I just purchased a new SR1911 and found it to be tight and seems to be well built as they used the old 70 series Colt design. I still have a Colt 1911 combat commander however it is chambered in 9mm and it shoots extremely well. I have owned and shot 1911's since the early 1970's and have a kinship to them. One has to remember that the 1911 design has basically stayed around for 102 yrs. so it's hard to knock a product that has proven itself for that many years. I haven't had the chance for fire my SR1911 but will these week-end and give you a report back. First thing I noticed is the grip and from the Glock to the 1911, it will be quite a difference, however I am used to the 1911's so I don't anticipate a problem. I would say this: if you don't have a 1911 series style pistol, now is the time to pick one up as I don't see anything changing except the price on the 1911's will escalate in the upcoming years. MHO only!
Tommy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.