Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at the Ruger SP101 and thinking of trading my Shield for one. I really love my Security Six.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Is it an even swap? If so I'd do that trade in a heartbeat. Not too long ago shields could be had for under $200 with the S&W rebate......

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I am guessing you use your Shield for CC and for that reason alone I believe you will wish you had your Shield back instead of an SP101. IMO a Shield would be a much better CC gun than an SP101.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for helping me decide. I'm keeping the Shield and will have to get an SP but on the down low as Wifey gets unhappy when I buy another gun. Unlike handbags and shoes, a new gun needs "justification".... I already CC a Mod 36 so another CC option is hard to explain.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Considering it was pointed out that I missed the Shield was just taking up space then I would trade it for the SP101. The model 36 is a good CC gun. Very good trigger action and the gun is quite accurate also.
LOL The wife could put the kabosh on it. A lady friend asked why I have so many guns. She doesn't know I don't have squat compared to many other gun lovers.

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Once bought, get it into the safe without her seeing it. If she sees it coming out of the safe you can claim you had it all along.;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts