Trade a S&W Shield 9mm?

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by swkohnle08, Aug 25, 2017.

1. swkohnle08

swkohnle08 New Member

I've been looking at the Ruger SP101 and thinking of trading my Shield for one. I really love my Security Six. [​IMG]

2. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

I'd have a hard time making that trade. But if you really want that SP, have at it!

3. swkohnle08

swkohnle08 New Member

I have been going back and forth on that. The Shield just sits in the safe.

4. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Is it an even swap? If so I'd do that trade in a heartbeat. Not too long ago shields could be had for under $200 with the S&W rebate......

5. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I am guessing you use your Shield for CC and for that reason alone I believe you will wish you had your Shield back instead of an SP101. IMO a Shield would be a much better CC gun than an SP101.

6. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Here's your answer

7. swkohnle08

swkohnle08 New Member

Thanks for helping me decide. I'm keeping the Shield and will have to get an SP but on the down low as Wifey gets unhappy when I buy another gun. Unlike handbags and shoes, a new gun needs "justification".... I already CC a Mod 36 so another CC option is hard to explain.

8. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

I would not trade my SP for a Shield. The Ruger is almost an heirloom piece whereas the M&P is just another poly pistol.

Attached Files:

9. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Considering it was pointed out that I missed the Shield was just taking up space then I would trade it for the SP101. The model 36 is a good CC gun. Very good trigger action and the gun is quite accurate also.
    LOL The wife could put the kabosh on it. A lady friend asked why I have so many guns. She doesn't know I don't have squat compared to many other gun lovers.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  10. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

Once bought, get it into the safe without her seeing it. If she sees it coming out of the safe you can claim you had it all along.;)