Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just wondering if anyone knows the correct torque setting for the takedown screw on a Ruger 10/22 VLEH Hogue over molded stock and bull barrel. Neither Ruger or Hogue have this listed, and in doing research I've come up with answers from 15 in/lbs all the way up to 35. Was hoping somebody could give me a correct answer rather than a guess. I am aware that the torque does vary from one gun to the next, so I am just look for a starting point so as not to over tighten the screw. I take my guns apart a lot for upgrades/cleaning so it is important to have a consistent setting when reassembling. Thank you

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I honestly don't have a clue. You might try calling Ruger, although they might not be of much help because of the hogue stock. Still, it's worth a shot......

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did try to contact Ruger and Hogue. Couldn't even seem to get a ballpark answer from either of them. Kind of strange considering this is the stock that the VLEH comes with from the factory.....

·
Patriot
2,182 Posts
If it is a 1/4-20 thread, then 10-ft/lbs.
That translates into 120 in lb's. That sounds VERY high if bolting into polymer.

Two things to consider when it comes to bolt torque values:
Bolt size/thread pitch.
Material of the bolt, bolt hole boss and the work piece.

I could make a good guess but...
Maybe someone over at rimfirecentral has a specific answer to this question.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I have a good idea of where it should be. I just figured that some of you probably experimented with this setting and could tell me what they were using. I've been doing 18in/lbs and that seems to be working.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts