Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm sure you're all familiar with that feeling you get after shooting the first box of ammo at paper and realizing that you're getting a little bit bored. A fun target can make your next shooting trip much more exciting! Now, I'm not trying to shame paper target shooting, I'm just looking for ideas to spice things up every once in a while......
I'll start:

1) bowling pins
2) empty beer bottles (make sure to pick up the glass when you're done)
3) plywood
4) thoroughly shaken soda cans
5) old coffee cans

Let's see what you've got!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Steel plate spinning trees. Cantaloupes. Oranges. 2 liter soda bottles (thanks Hickok45!). Tannerite.

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
I like to shoot tin cans. Or should I say I like to shoot just under them and watch em fly.

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Beaney Babies
:cheesy: Beaney Babies

One time I had a girlfriend that was well, not my favorite type of person so to speak.
She gave me a teddy bear as a way to say 'I'm sorry'...... Didn't work!
That bear made a great target.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
My favorite targets in my front yard , year round.

range3.jpg

range.jpg

Course I don't use it in the snow..:)

Lots of bowling pins,
Tin cans,
Steel plates,
paper targets,
even a set of wind chime tubes.

Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I have 4x6 oak wedges hanging from pvc. I definitely know when I hit them with my 22. I also use a roll of freezer paper to paint targets onto.
2ltr bottles filled with water, pressurized cans, and milk jugs filled with water. Just about anything not glass.

Attachments

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Set clay pidgins along a bank, thy are biodegradable, won't hurt mother nature and sharpen the eye.:cool:

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
7,454 Posts
Besides the Tannerite, the empty beer cans, the clay pigeons, and standby paper targets...I like to Ring Steel!! :cool:

I have 2 free standing dual target orange rounds that move ...with two larger square hangers that fit on the same stands.

...and 10 of the yellow free standing ovals...

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Where did you get the free standing ones? They look pretty awesome!

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
All I can say is I envy Phideax and Shooter!!!!!!! You would think that with thousands of miles of desert, we could find a place to go outside and shoot. However what the Native Americans don't own, BLM has taken that land as theirs and there are very, very few places that we can go and shoot. You guys have wonderful ranges and please, please take good care of them. Having just one of them to go shoot at would be a real privilege for me!!! You are a couple of lucky guys!

Tommy

·
Registered
79 Posts
Tommy, you can generally shoot on BLM land, just not close to populated areas. Too many idiots were shooting close enough to town that their rounds were hitting people, and property, so they established no shooting boundaries around populated areas. Check with the BLM Recreation folks. If there is demand they might build a range.

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
7,454 Posts
Where did you get the free standing ones? They look pretty awesome!
All that you see in the photos was made by a friend who welds and fabricates steel...the plate holder/stand has additional parts to make it stand higher and the base has feet with spikes...the whole setup is very modular.

( It's not what you know, but who you know...)

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I also like shooting shooting at cinder blocks or pieces of tile.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts