Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The Ruger 10 /22 Rifle was ideal for this work as the .22 LR does not over penetrate large animals such as Hog's I made these shots within 50 - 75 Yards over bait . The 10/22 has a lite recoil low muzzle blast is extremely accurate out to 100 Yards. The ammunition I use is the CCI Velocitor 40 grain copper plated hollow point but I also use the Winchester & Browning loadings of the same all three have a velocity of 1,435 FPS they make quick clean kills sometimes allowing a second shot on another hog. You don't need a large caliber to put down Wild Boar the lowly .22 Long Rifle Rim Fire works for me just fine .The .22 LR is the most underestimated misunderstood cartridge in the fire arms world in terms of Lethality many view it as a toy that cant kill anything but very small game . I have proved the scoffers wrong if the .22 can put down these 4 legged beasts it can very well put down a two legged beast attacking you. Each of these 4 Hogs was killed with a single shot fired from my Ruger 10 / 22 the shot placed 1/4 " below the ear was a one shot stop that resulted in a kill.The .22 Long Rifle is and remains to be a deadly option for Self Defense.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts