TODAYS Range trip

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by phideaux, Oct 23, 2016.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

LOL The groupings were to big and I had already painted the targets. I guess I could turn the paper over and paint a big circle around the mass grouping of holes.

2. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Anybody who knows Buster knows that he paints his circles AFTER he does his shooting and if he runs out of ammo, you will find holes on the target that you would think he was shooting an AR16 but instead little teeny weeny ink marks testify he used his BIC pen!!!

Yank*******************Yank*****************Yank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tommy

3. buster40c

^^The man knows me only to well. BTW It's a sharpy not a BIC.

4. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

^^^ Wait a tick...people actually paint bullseyes before they shoot? That's akin to admitting you're not a highly trained marksmanship machine, able to hit a shrunken head at 2 and 1/2 miles on the first shot - with a .22 LR. My friends, this kind of blatant...honesty...must not be permitted to take root amongst the exploits of the Superhuman Snipers who post upon the pages of this esteemed forum. It is heresy of the worst sort!

Yaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnkkkkk!!!!!!

5. buster40c

All those shots were done holding the gun upside down and using a mirror.

6. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

Don't forget over your shoulder:D

7. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I avoid all this work with pens and drawing by never posting pics of my targets. I just tell you folks about groups 'centering on the little black thing in the center of the target'. My word is my bond.

I think Buster shoots good, only he's too cheap to buy splatter targets.

8. buster40c

Well I ordered 50 12x18 splatter targets. Geeze I could have bought a bunch of black spray paint cans and freezer paper for that much.

9. RFF

RFF Member

Need to start a GoFundMe to raise money for "Targets for buster40c". Might raise enough to get some ammo too!

10. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I see Spike is spouting off again about marksmanship..........oh well. Just because he castrates flies at 200 yds. he must feel we must do the same. Myself, if I can hit the target at 20 feet I feel good because if I ever had to use my pistol, I can throw it that far. Might not hit anything by throwing, but after this last weeks range shooting, I couldn't hit anything with my 9mm. Thank God for letting the .45 get developed.

And I have to say Buster ain't cheap!!! After he uses up a target he gets white out from Best Buy and repaints his targets. He told me that he buys the white out by the 5 gals. can and saves a bundle. Smart thinking!:dunno:

Tommy

11. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

Shoot, Tommy...castrating flies at 200 long paces ain't nothin'. When I'm having a good day I shoot the little suckers right off 'em, one side at a time!:D

12. AzShooter

AzShooter New Member

[​IMG]

Tied my Ruger Mark IV 22/45 lite but kept getting jams. FTF and FTE. Trying to get ready for a Steel Challenge match this weekend. Definitely can't use that gun so I took out my backup. It's a Mark III Hunter with the 6+inch barrel.I shot just over 200 rounds though it using 7 different magazines and it worked flawlessly. Groups better than the Mark IV also.

Mark III Hunter
    Stock trigger
    ADCO Mirage Scope. Had on hand.
    CCI Mini Mags.
    All shots were at 15 yards for sighting in.
    Five spot target with 6 inch bulls eyes.

13. buster40c

My MKIV only has problems shooting Aguila Super Extra. My MKII also only jams with that ammo. Different mags all were the same. I guess I have to only use the Aguila ammo in my revolvers.

14. buster40c

Okay here you go. I broke down and bought some splat targets. Three guns were shot free hand from 10 yards. Sig P226 9mm. S&W 627-5 with 38 spl wad cutter, Taurus pt92 9mm. 50 rounds each gun. The targets are 12" wide by 18" tall.
    So after the shooting was done I painted a heart around the back up paper just for my usual target results. LOL

I think if I could hold still I could be a much better shooter.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  15. Oldhand

Good shooting, now if Tommy actually gets you a SR1911 you should do well.:D

16. buster40c

I have a Kimber 1911 that feels like it was made for my hand. Tommy has problems with the mail anyway. It's sort of like the check is in the mail thing.

17. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Buster and Handy are up to their old tricks again....just yanking and pulling. But I have to give Buster credit, his shooting ain't all that bad considering he don't go to the range much. Handy walks out his back yard and shoots cuz you can do that in southern Az. But what can you say, when old pharts get to talking, I just let them rant. I am like Spike....I let my shooting do the talking. :machinegun:
    Tommy- from the land of eternal sun and desert and miserable heat!

18. buster40c

Well Tommy let your target pics do your ranting. Go ahead make my shooting look bad. That' will not take much.

19. Oldhand

I truly wish I could shoot out my back door like Jim and Hickok45 do. I have to go to an indoor range and pay $8.63:eek:

20. buster40c

The outdoor range here, that was the last time I went to a range, for three guns and 3 targets cost me $25. That's why I built my bullet trap.