Tisa??

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by adjohns3, Mar 1, 2013.

1. adjohns3

adjohns3 adjohns3

Any of the learned forum have any experience with Tirsas?

I hear a lot, some good, some bad...what do you think? (1911/.45's)

2. LCR-lover

LCR-lover Member

I have no experience with them but BUDS GUN SHOP thinks alot of them they have sold over 1900 of them and they have a 4.5 rating out of 5. They are selling them for $399.00. Made in Turkey.

3. KMO

KMO Northern Arizona

Yeah, the only place I've ever heard of TISAS 1911's is on Bud's website. I like Bud's, but they're in the business of selling guns. Since they're sold out of nearly everything but TISAS, that pretty much explains all the hype they are putting toward these Turkish-made 1911's. For a low-end 1911, I think I would trust a Rock Island Armory pistol before one of these. TISAS 1911's just haven't been around very long, so who knows how well they hold up, or how well they are backed by customer service?

4. adjohns3

adjohns3 adjohns3

10-4 on Bud's pumping up the Tirsa. I don't blame them for trying to sell more guns, but would hope they would not "sell" their credibility with their members.
    I guess I was looking at these Tirsa brands as we did the BERSA a few years back. I have two Bersa's (a Concealed Carry and a 9mm Thunder pro compact) and BOTH of them are good to go and trusted. They also are in lesser price range, but seems they still work well.

5. AmericanBob

AmericanBob New Member

not made by Americans

TISA is not an American Made pistol, not even close. it is made by muslims in Pakistan, and I am sure they are crap, if you are going to buy a 1911, please, for your own sake, dont buy crap, please, spend the extra couple hundred dollars and get a RUGER 1911, or a Springfield 1911, at least you know when you buy American, your money is not being funneled to possible terrorists. I feel the same about Rock Arms, those 1911s are made in the Philippines by a bunch of kids that have no idea of what craftsmanship is like. I shudder when I see one of those come to my range. I know they probably wont lock back after the last shot, I know they wont go fully into battery, all because they were made by people who dont care about guns.

6. AmericanBob

AmericanBob New Member

I do love Buds, but they do sell some bad guns. one of which is the SCCY, which I pronounce as SCUZZY, after firing two rounds, with both a failure to eject and a failure to feed, the bar broke inside, and it left the trigger to just swing on its own, I went it off, and got it back 4 months later, it seemed to work, it is in my safe as I dont trust it. it is a clone of the Keltec P11 which is a much better mouse gun. do your research please. Some of the 1911's they are selling very good, they are called Ruger, Springfield, Colt, Kimber and yes, even Taurus. I was surprised at how well made the Taurus 1911 was made, that might be the ONLY budget 1911 I would recommend buying. if you buy a trash 1911, you wont be enjoying a true 1911, and yes you can do much better. dont waste all that money on a gun you wont be happy with!

7. Nogoat

Nogoat New Member

Don't forget the Remmy R1

Sent from my iPhone using Ruger Forum

8. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Tisas are getting good reviews that I have seen. A friend of mine came by and he has one and he doesn't buy crap. It seemed like a decent gun. Amazing how just because a gun is inexpensive then it has to be a piece of crap. Funny how RIA's are getting good reviews also. I guarantee check the reviews and you will find many happy owners. I have not seen any reports about Tisas or RIA being junk. Are they an expensive 1911...NO. Does that mean they are junk............NO. RIA has many positive reviews by owners of them.
    Google Tisas reviews and see what you find rather than listen to people that have never even shot one let alone own one.
    I am sure many have heard of Hickok45 gun reviews and videos. Well here is one on the Tisas 1911 45.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MK8ffcLL3A[/ame]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014