Time to make a purchase...need some advice

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by flashback, Jun 14, 2013.

1. flashback

flashback SR40 / RAP9mm

Finally getting some of my cash back from Uncle ObaMao and am looking at either an LC9 or a Shield...I've held them both but have never fired either one. This will be a backup for my SR40...I love the RUGER line but that S&W sure is a sweet piece and I'm leaning to it at this point.
    Gene

2. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

My vote is the LC9....

Maybe a nice LCR be good to

3. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I would also vote, for the LC9

4. chenzo

chenzo New Member

Chalk up another vote for the LC9.

5. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

If you are looking for a gun to CC then the LC9 would be better choice as it is easier to conceal and is lighter to carry than the Shield. I had a Kel-Tec PF9 which is what the LC9 copied from. The PF9 did fit into my front pockets of my jeans. I have heard the LC9 was more fun to shoot due to better recoil control than the PF9.
    If BO knew you were going to use your income tax return to buy a gun he probably would have a sacred cow.

6. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

I have an LC9. It conceals well in loose fitting clothes. Recoil is very easy and it seems to be made a little better than the Shield. The only downside is the long trigger pull and Galloway makes a kit for that if the pull bothers you. The LC9 is super reliable too - I put just over 400 rounds through mine without cleaning and had no malfunctions at all.

7. flashback

flashback SR40 / RAP9mm

Thanks for the responses...I have a friend who picked up an LC9 just recently, will have to get hooked up and hit the range...sounds like you all like the LC9 very much.
    G.

8. Blaze

Yes ... I found s lilac purple one online that I lm going get my girl to go with her pink gripped LCR ...

9. flashback

flashback SR40 / RAP9mm

I think I'll stick to the basic black version but thanks for your input ;)

10. Blaze

I didn't mean for you lol. I'm saying I have one already and going to get my girl one

11. Blaze

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371397465.740381.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371397493.657422.jpg

I think she needs the lilac one but now she says pink.

12. flashback

flashback SR40 / RAP9mm

Yeah...just being a wise-guy I guess :) Keeping things lively!

What's your carry? Have you fired an LC9 or a Shield...if so what'd ya think?

13. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

Purple and pink...Uhhh, to each their own, I guess!

14. flashback

flashback SR40 / RAP9mm

Well people, the debate was settled....the Mrs gave me an M&P Shield in 9mm for my birthday!
    The gun shoots very well and this last weekend we had the opportunity to shoot it right alongside a friends LC9 and the Mrs' PT709 Taurus.
    Of the three I like the trigger of the Shield much, much better than that of the other two....the Taurus has a looooong very soft pull pull to the trigger, the LC9 has a looooong trigger as well but with more resistance throughout where the Taurus tightens up as it nears the break point. The Shield trigger is a tougher pull but a much shorter pull as well.
    Results...as much as I love the SR40 I think the Shield is the way to go on this size between the three...and my buddy with the LC9 is looking to sell it...it has a laser installed as well if there are any interested parties....