Tightgroup Powder

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by rgriggs, Aug 20, 2013.

1. rgriggs

rgriggs New Member

Anybody here besides me use Tightgroup in your pistol handloads? The gunshop where I bought my 9mm's suggested it to me.
    I have to say it has been a good powder for me.

Randy

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2013
  2. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Yeah,that's what I use in my .380. I also like Power Pistol in my 40 S&W.

3. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

RG how many grains do you use in your loads? I am getting ready to start reloading for my LC9 and have bought HS-6 and HP-38 but can't find titegroup anywhere to buy...

4. buildit

buildit Goofy Owner

Yep, use it in my 9mm rounds.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX4HGcMzffM[/ame]

5. rgriggs

rgriggs New Member

With HS-6 I use 6.0 grains and with Tightgroup I use 4.0 Grains both seated at 1.09 with Hornady 115 grain xtp hp's in my 9mm. Like always start low and work up as this may not work for your particular weapon.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  6. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

Thanks RG. I will have to get my hands on some Titegroup. I like the idea of using a little less powder in the load.

7. buildit

buildit Goofy Owner

You might also like IMR PB powder. Very similar to Titegroup.

8. James

James New Member

I'm a great believer in one powder for all, if it works, and for the past 4 years i have been using Titegroup for all my hand guns with great results. I load for 380, 9mm, 38 special, 40sw, and 45acp. I have loaded well over 7000 hand gun rounds and they have all preformed very well. I use the loads given on the Hodgen reloading data site and usually load 1 grain under max load given.

9. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I tend to use 2 different powders when I reload and that is due to availability. One is Winchester 231 and the other is Bullseye. Problem is getting the powder. Also one must take into consideration of the cost of parts. Bass Pro in our area is charging $49.95 for a 1lbs. can of Bullseye and they charge $49.90 for a 1K box of small and large pistol primers. I refuse to spend that kind of money for those products. I shop at a LGS whenever I can and I can buy primers for $32.00 per 1K and usually around $28-30.00 for powder. If you also look at the price they get for reloaders, write it down and take the time to do some shopping. You can get set up to do a single stage reloader(starting out) for a lot less than Bass Pro charges. First thing to buy though is a couple of loading manuals and then STUDY them. Don't take any info from internet because some jerk posted how well it works when he may not know what he is doing. Learn first, study and then shop around.
    Tommy

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015