Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is strange. My full size American Pistol does NOT beat up my thumb knuckle but my compact American Pistol really beat up my thumb knuckle when I took it to the range to test it out. Has anyone else had this issue? If so, how do you overcome it?

I have heard that you have to adjust your grip but can changing the back strap to a different size help as well?

·
Registered
685 Posts
I have not had that problem. When I first brought it home I tried all the backstraps, picked the one that felt the best, and it's been clean sailing ever since.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not had that problem. When I first brought it home I tried all the backstraps, picked the one that felt the best, and it's been clean sailing ever since.
What size back strap did you put on it?

It’s weird because I heard about this issue on the full size American, before I bought it, from the YouTube channel Military Arms Channel. However, I bought the full size American anyway and since I never experienced my thumb getting beat up at the range with the full size I went ahead and purchased the compact to complete the set. Sadly, my thumb started getting beat up with the compact but I did not have the different back straps for the compact during this time at the range. I haven’t had the chance to go to the range a 2nd time with it to see if I could fix it.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
How we hold a gun in our hand can make a big difference in hand getting beat up. Same gun with different holding position can make all the difference from one time compared to the next.
Been there done that.

·
Registered
685 Posts
What size back strap did you put on it?

It’s weird because I heard about this issue on the full size American, before I bought it, from the YouTube channel Military Arms Channel. However, I bought the full size American anyway and since I never experienced my thumb getting beat up at the range with the full size I went ahead and purchased the compact to complete the set. Sadly, my thumb started getting beat up with the compact but I did not have the different back straps for the compact during this time at the range. I haven’t had the chance to go to the range a 2nd time with it to see if I could fix it.
Medium

1 - 5 of 5 Posts