Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I did what some may say is sacrilege. I traded my 7 1/2 inch Ruger Redhawk for a Three Screw Blackhawk 7 1/2 inch. The reason was the Blackhawk is so much lighter to hold, and the only one the Ruger only loads are supposed to apply to.:cool:

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Congrats on the new, old, 3 screw .

Hate hat you lost the other one..:)

Good looking handgun.

JIm

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
More pics please, Oldhand. Right side, and loading gate open, and hammer back looking in. (That's 3 pics, not one).

:D

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was out shooting the Redhawk yesterday, just getting to damn heavy to hold a steady sight picture offhand. Must be getting old.:eek:

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Thanks, Oldhand. Nice. Just enough wear visible to make it a 'working' gun. Congratulations on the owning of it.

:Cooltu:

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, it came with Hogue rubber grip, functional but not my cup of tea. Notice it has the aftermarket cylinder pin, tight but requires an Allen wrench to remove. Great for shooting but a pain to clean.:cool:

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Congratulations, oldhand! Have you been able to shoot it yet?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've yet to see a Ruger that would not shoot I have a NM 7.5 SS that will put shot after shot in same hole. And a 1969 Single Six that is as tight as when new not a scratch on it I put new Ivory grips from Ruger looks sweet

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
I've yet to see a Ruger that would not shoot I have a NM 7.5 SS that will put shot after shot in same hole. And a 1969 Single Six that is as tight as when new not a scratch on it I put new Ivory grips from Ruger looks sweet
C'mon Dave, don't do that. Pics please. Phideaux, talk to him; I tend to whine about pics.

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Hey VT

That is a nice old model. Like the grips too. Has that one had the hammer safety conversion done at the factory?

Here is a completely original .357 mag with a 6.5" pipe. No safety conversion done. Gun was suppose to be unfired when I swapped a gun for it a few years back. I have only test fired it a few times, just to see if it worked.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Well I did what some may say is sacrilege. I traded my 7 1/2 inch Ruger Redhawk for a Three Screw Blackhawk 7 1/2 inch. The reason was the Blackhawk is so much lighter to hold, and the only one the Ruger only loads are supposed to apply to.:cool:
Sacrilege, nah. It does;t have rubber baby bumpers so you're good. ;) Much rather have the SA over their overbuilt, massive double actions. Those Redhawks will handle those "Ruger only" loads btw. Personally, if I need that much oomph, I'd opt for a more oomphy cartridge to begin with. :duck:
Regardless, enjoy your new shooter!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Offhand that is a beautiful revolver. The only thing is you, are going to have to stedy you're hand to fire it and hit anything. Looking at the pictures you need a lot of work. :D

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh yea, she is a tac driver. This is definitely my hunting gun, loves 255 grain XTP and next I will try the 300 grain XTP.:D

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sacrilege, nah. It does;t have rubber baby bumpers so you're good. ;) Much rather have the SA over their overbuilt, massive double actions. Those Redhawks will handle those "Ruger only" loads btw. Personally, if I need that much oomph, I'd opt for a more oomphy cartridge to begin with. :duck:
Regardless, enjoy your new shooter!
I just went back and reread this, the 45 Colt will take anything on this continent, even in the black powder loading it would go through a horse and kill the man on the other side,(requirement of army at the time). It was a jacked up 45 Colt that became the 454 Casual.:cool:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Not a sacrilege. A smart move, actually. :Cooltu:
Of course, that is coming from a single action guy. :D

I've got Rugers, Ubertis and a Piettta.
3 of them are in 45 Colt.:)

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
^how do you like that Pietta? I almost bought one one time, wasn't sure about it though......

1 - 20 of 21 Posts