Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ruger is obviously going after GLOCK with the Security 9. The standard duplicates the G19. the compact duplicates the G26. Wonder if Ruger will try for a long slide?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Maybe, but I doubt it. I really don't think they would have enough to gain, financially, to do something like this with the Security 9.

I believe they were simply going after the concealed carry crowd, who wanted a G19, but could not pony up the other 200 dollars to be able to do it. Ruger's ability to provide a pistol like this, for the money they sell it at, is where their strength and money lies.

I don't think Ruger would try and go after the "competition shooter" market, with this type of design. JMHO.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was not thinking in terms of a target pistol per sey, but more along the lines of a hunting pistol. Something akin to what they did with the SR22 Long Slide.

I would not be interested, but I know of a few who carry long slide GLOCK’s afield. Just a thought.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ruger is obviously going after GLOCK with the Security 9. The standard duplicates the G19. the compact duplicates the G26. Wonder if Ruger will try for a long slide?
I just got my Security 9 Compact, in Prescott AZ, after comparing it and the G26. The price difference vs the features made it rather easy. I actually can put a light on the Compact and I like the trigger better since I'm already used to the one on my LCP II. It's more accurate than my XDs 3.3, not great, but good enough. Lastly, I like hammer fire as there is no striker drag to be concerned about in the long term.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I just got my Security 9 Compact, in Prescott AZ, after comparing it and the G26. The price difference vs the features made it rather easy. I actually can put a light on the Compact and I like the trigger better since I'm already used to the one on my LCP II. It's more accurate than my XDs 3.3, not great, but good enough. Lastly, I like hammer fire as there is no striker drag to be concerned about in the long term.
Are both magazines, with that compact, having the flat-base bottoms? Does it come with the little finger extension base pads?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Or you can call Galloway Precision and get a +2 magazine base plate extension.
I generally don't do the extension base plates...I tried it on a couple of Glocks, and I ended up with magazine malfunctions, some of the times, after that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts