Thoughts on the New SR1911 LW

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by Blaze, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1421069885.562897.jpg What is your Opinion

2. Dalefan88

Dalefan88 New Member

Looks good. Wish I didn't buy a regular one now lol

3. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

I like it! I'm a fan of diversity (in guns).

4. jmohme

jmohme Well-Known Member

It is a pretty one.

5. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Very good looking 1-911. I like the two tone.
    Made in USA stands out real nice.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  6. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Beautiful gun....love it. IMOA I believe it's geared more for the CCW , and I use my SR1911 CMD more as a range gun......

7. ALR

ALR Lonesome Me

It feels great, picked one up yesterday, havent got to the range yet. A friend is picking up his tomorrow. We'll have to compare Great fitment and great feel. After seeing the Gunblast video on it I was convinced that it would be my primary CCW. Friend works in LGS said he ordered a couple and would hold one back for me. What a friend!

8. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

This is my humble opinion only! I like the fact that Ruger is making the 1911 with a lightweight version however the part I question is the frame is made out of aluminum. In the early 80's Colt did the same thing and they had problems with the aluminum showing wear after some extensive shooting. I have a Colt combat commander which was made in 1975, 9mm, which is a steel slide and steel frame and have had it for years without showing any wear on the frame or the slide. Now over the years I have replaced the barrel and front bushing and have the trigger worked on, but it is a fine shooter. My hope is Ruger is using a much better grade of aluminum than Colt did and I am sure they will as metallurgy has changed over the years. Actually another 6oz doesn't bother me anyway, HOWEVER this is just MY OPINION and not knocking Ruger as I have had many of their weapons over the last 40 yrs.
    Tommy