This Forum Is Like a Haunted House

Discussion in 'Blog Forum' started by SGW Gunsmith, Jul 2, 2020.

1. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Jim,

This was the first forum I joined. I made some good cyber friends here and it was a lot fun till whatever it was that happened, happened.
    You guys kept it family friendly, peaceful and fun. Thank you for that.

After that a few new members came in that have no desire to get along with others. Name calling, insulting other members and foul language were allowed to go unchecked.
    When good people stop in and see that stuff they'll leave never to return and of course have no desire to become members here.
    IMO that is why this forum is now a ghost town.

I miss you, all of the old crew, the other members now long gone, the joy of sharing information and the good natured joking and poking that we all got in on.

Godspeed to you and yours Jim. I wish you all the best and I hope you see this before you are... "In The Army Now".

Mag

phideaux likes this.
  2. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

Yeah. I quit going to the Bersa forum, but seeing as though most of my firearms are Rugers, I don't plan on going anywhere.

3. Bullitt69

Bullitt69 New Member

Oh yeah I was banned, not sure how my sign in worked cus it didn't for months. Says I'm a new member but I left in 2016 and never looked back. So I just went to the ruger.net, then gunboards. Just came back to check. Looks like it is dead.

Bye bye

4. SGW Gunsmith

SGW Gunsmith Active Member

Well, in the past, I can remember at least one moderator who became more than power mad over the fact that he was a moderator. Fat, bearded fella, had an avatar of some mutt licking a window.
    Despite what he claimed the reason was for banning myself and others, he often did NOT follow the actual rules. He more like stretched the rules to suit his dislike for someone's post, or he just couldn't understand that sometimes folks get involved with "spirited" discussion, without any name calling involved, and he should have left well enough alone.
    No, no forum needs moderators like that who get all puffed up over themselves because they have a tiny pinch of authority and can drop the "banned bomb" when ever they have gas pains.

Magnum.357 likes this.
  5. quirky

quirky Active Member

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out,,,again.

Too funny.

SGW Gunsmith likes this.
  6. SGW Gunsmith

I'd like to see more activity following this site, now that it has **NEW** owners. This morning when I signed on, I was the only member, there were 39 guests and 12 robots.
    WTH? Robots?

7. Magnum.357

Magnum.357 Active Member

LOL! This is funny.
    Maybe, the dude has sugar in his tank and was hurt by someone.
    You are right SWG, this forum was pretty good at one time. I hope it picks up. I LOVE my Rugers and like to involve myself with other Ruger fans. I learn a lot and it is good to share and past the time with a few good laughs when the Ruger brothers go at it with their differences.

SGW Gunsmith likes this.
  8. Magnum.357

Magnum.357 Active Member

Black Rifle, you are a funny man, some of the stuff you come up with is just amazing. I like your humor.
    Keep it coming brother.

9. BLACK RIFLE REVIEWS

BLACK RIFLE REVIEWS Active Member

THE FAT BEARDED FELLA IS OVER ON THE SPRINGFIELD ARMORY BOARD . YOU SHOULD JOIN HIM OVER THERE !

10. SGW Gunsmith

Well, there's at least one more "miscreant" that needs to be culled so that all others can get back to civility once again around here. But, like they say, "give 'em enough rope".

11. SGW Gunsmith

Your honor....................I rest my case! Let the jury decide. [​IMG]