This Forum Is Like a Haunted House

Discussion in 'Blog Forum' started by SGW Gunsmith, Jul 2, 2020.

1. SGW Gunsmith

SGW Gunsmith Active Member

I've been visiting here off and on, but mostly OFF. There seems to be no interest involved here concerning .22 rimfire firearms let alone Ruger products.
    Everybody needs to go to "Rimfire World Community.com" and see if at least some activity can be enjoyed. This place is deader than a popcorn fart.

2. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

Pretty much haunted.......in all of the forums here!

SGW Gunsmith likes this.

3. Litehiker

Litehiker Member

The saying is "Drier than a popcorn fart" - as taught to me by my sainted mother.

Hey, I'm still having' fun with my Ruger 96/22 mag rifle W/ Green River octagonal barrel, my stainless 10/22 and my Ruger Single Six (esp. with the .22 mag cylinder in it).

Eric B.

4. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

It happened in Dec 2017.
    New owners kicked out some good people.
    It will never come back.
    No leadership, owners don't care.

5. SGW Gunsmith

SGW Gunsmith Active Member

And that's really sad, this could be a very informative venue for folks wanting to learn about their Ruger Firearms.
    My experience with Ruger Mark pistols goes back 50 years +, and I have extensive notes involving just about anything and everything that could go wrong, or for how to make them operate a bit better.
    Seems like what you mention happened in 12/17 is becoming typical with some of these forums. The owner builds them up only to sell them to someone who then floods the place with paid for advertising.
    There's a really short-legged female moderator on one forum I used to frequent who's gone rogue in her efforts to bass turdise the rules so she can ban members when ever her days involve "cramps". Never knew a dang thing about firearms either, just liked to talk about "what's for dinner". Useless as far as moderating, that's for sure! Claims she's a nurse, but actually she's more of a "lab rat" that checks urine samples and whether sperm are still motile, or not, after a vasectomy was performed.

6. allenr

allenr Member

I was very involved in this forum before the fateful December events. I stopped participating then. It was just a week or so ago that I came back to take a look here. I was shocked at how a once vital forum had become so little for so few.

I check in once day to see if there is anything of interest to me. There has not been. Most likely my bookmark for this website will be deleted in the near future.

7. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

I remember it well! I hope the good people who were booted didn't go to the other Ruger forum!

8. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Hey phideax,

Long time since I have seen ya here. Been slow here. Spend more time on Glock Talk. Same old peole there. Bersa Firearms forum puts me to sleep too. Only a few of rhe old guys are there, but slow on posting.

9. phideaux

I don't know who owns this forum now, but there is no leadership here to get it going , nothing exciting.
    Those were the good old days.
    I never went to the other Ruger forum.

But I did help start another forum .
    It's a Homesteading forum with a good gun section .
    Lots of people talking A to Z.
    It's my hangout.
    Even some of the old members from here are there.
    I don't know what happened to Tommy or Buster.

Been lot water under the bridge last 3 years.

Hey Pancho, hope your doing well,
    I miss our talks over the years. Are you still stealing guns at shows?;)

Jim

10. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Administrator

false claim ..... nobody kicked anyone out, however some left in their own accord, nobody was "forced" to leave

11. allenr

allenr Member

I was here then and I do not recall any reports of anyone being kicked out. I do recall that a group of members tried to ans to some degree succeeded in starting a mass Exodus to a new forum, which I believe was started by the leaders urging the exodus. That is what I recall. I never went to the other site. It is sad that this once vital forum was cannibalized.

12. LT2108

jackpot, that is exactly what happened.

13. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

What does "in the army now" mean when seen under the name of a past member, admin or mod?

Mag

14. LT2108

what name are your referring to? that does not reference any staff member

15. phideaux

Getting banned is kicking out in my book.
    5 staff members were banned including myself.
    You know that. For standing against what the new owners point man was doing.

We were banned .
    From a once great forum that we spent years growing.

But that's ok , y'all can believe whatever you want to.
    I just stop in to talk to some old friends, like Pancho, Tommy, buster, mag, but seems all have left except my friend Pancho.
    I'll leave y'all alone.

Jim

16. allenr

allenr Member

@phideaux, I agree that being banned is the same thing as being kicked out provided that the ban is permanent not temporary. You indicate that you stop in at the forum periodically to chat with old friends. That leads me to believe that you were not banned permanently, so technically you would not have been kicked out (in my way of thinking about the word ban).

I am not trying to create controversy. I come from the “words matter” school. So I seek clarification when I see a misalignment of terms.

17. quirky

quirky Active Member

I notice since I started visiting gun forums they most always have a click going on, meaning a group that gang up on people and their friendly co-conspirator moderators to ban them.

Several forums were bought out a few years back and cleared out of the know it all's and instigators along with moderators and perhaps some ruffled feathers developed among those who truly believed they had any legitimacy.

None of us own these forums and the ones I have been booted off of are all the old style click and not missed at all.

This is the best gun forum I have ever been on, cause none of you people who think you started something or created something can kick us off.

In my way of thinking some are upset thy got banned from banning people, in other words demoted to regular forum member.

Oh well as they say ..:D

18. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot