Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using and third party mags in their SR1911? Asking because I know my Mini is is pretty picky when it comes to 3rd party mags.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I bought one WC mag for my 1911 Kimber and it causes jams where as the Kimber mag doesn't. I know that goes against everything you hear but I have to say this is my experience with a WC mag and my stock Kimber mag.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
I have all 4 of the Ruger SR1911 series (my last acquisition 9mm) and I have found Chip McCormicks to work well in my .45 cal. I have not had the chance to buy any 9mm magazines yet to give you any references. I would like to try some Wilson's out however, I have not the funds to pay the premium (I feel) that they ask in price. Fill a .45 cal Wilson mag with Hornady Critical Defense rounds and you have an easy $55.00-$60. in your hands and have a high priced mag. I might carry 1 or 2 however for self defense but not use them on range rounds.

Tommy

·
BigDogJames
25 Posts
I also like and use Wilson Combat magazines, try to purchase them when they run a "special". Also, never had any problems with the supplied Ruger 7 & 8 round mags.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts