Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For Jim, and other such folks (you know who you are!), On Target Magazine emailed me this link to an article about BFRs in general and a 30-30 model in particular. I didn't read much of it, because I could feel my right arm beginning to ache - from fingertips to the side of my neck.

http://ontargetmagazine.com/2017/11/magnum-research-bfr-30-30-win-bisley-revolver/

Christmas is just around the corner.

Kidding, I did read the article. Maybe Jim won't like it, 'cause the gun don't kick enough.

:acool2:

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
They really are huge handguns. I think one in .45/70 would be nice to play with

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
That would just be another gun that would sit in my safe because I don't want a hand cannon. Looks great but no thanks from this wussy.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
I've shot a 45-70 BFR many times...that sucker weighs in at 5 lbs...

Recoil ain't so bad .

Unless you load for tyrannosaurus rex...:teehee::teehee:

Jim

Reactions: thegatman

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
I wouln't worry about the recoil as much as I would using my asbestos gloves. That looks like you got fire going all over the place. I will stick to my .45's. They give me as much kick as my hands will take.

Tommy.....................Yep....Az.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
As another on here would say..^^^

YEP..

Jim

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Yeah don't try shooting one from inside your coat pocket unless you have a water bottle with you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
For Jim, and other such folks (you know who you are!), On Target Magazine emailed me this link to an article about BFRs in general and a 30-30 model in particular. I didn't read much of it, because I could feel my right arm beginning to ache - from fingertips to the side of my neck.

http://ontargetmagazine.com/2017/11/magnum-research-bfr-30-30-win-bisley-revolver/

Christmas is just around the corner.

Kidding, I did read the article. Maybe Jim won't like it, 'cause the gun don't kick enough.

:acool2:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Recoil is mild from a BFR 30-30 due to the size and weight of the Revolver. It more comfortable to shoot than a Winchester 94.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts