Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In all my years, Ive never seen as many Moles as this year.
Maybe its the wet summer we had. I dunno.
My place is looking like somebody has been throwin grenades all over.

In early Spring I covered the place with Spectracide. Thats suppose to kill off their food source, but I think it fertilized their food source.

I need some help/tips/advice, on some way to stop these varmints.

There must be 100s of them, seriously.

Help !!!!

Jim

·
Premium Member
8,254 Posts
Best way is break up several sticks and dig up spots in there tunnel just drop it in. They will eat it and it swells up in the digestion system and kill them. Cheap way that works wonders. Old KY ******* way ;)

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im going tomorrow and get some .

I can flatten their runs with the golf cart.....and in an hour they have run again. Almost same trails.

I HATE MOLES.

Jim

·
Premium Member
8,254 Posts
Im going tomorrow and get some .

I can flatten their runs with the golf cart.....and in an hour they have run again. Almost same trails.

I HATE MOLES.

Jim
There is much more info on the gum trick on the web. But mom and dad did it that way for years. We had so many on the farm it was bad but that seemed to help.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gotta do it...

Goodnight Folks.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We cleared out the back yard , using Juicy Fruit gum in their runs.

Killed off a bunch in front , but just too many. Ive got some weed be gone, Ill try it.

Anything at this point.

Jim

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well with a rainy summer last year, and a wet , long, winter .the MOLES came back with a vengence, in Feb and Mar.

So I bought those poison peanuts at Wally world, for $5.

Went around to every mole run, punched a hole and dropped 6-8 peanuts(pellets) into every run , at least 2-3 holes in each run.
Pinched the hole back closed.
Left the runs intact for 3 days, then flattened them.

That was 5-weeks ago, and Ive not seen a new run since.

I was seeing new runs everyday until I did this.

Fingers crossed.;)

Jim

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
There are 2 ways that have worked for me the past 12 years I have no moles
1. Juicy fruit gum cut each stick in 4 pieces roll up take a sharp stick make a hole in the run they eat the gum and die ( got this from county Extention office)
2. Get weed be gone and spray on the yard works well no moles or weeds ( I'm lazy in my old age I use this now)

·
Premium Member
8,254 Posts
There are 2 ways that have worked for me the past 12 years I have no moles
1. Juicy fruit gum cut each stick in 4 pieces roll up take a sharp stick make a hole in the run they eat the gum and die ( got this from county Extention office)
2. Get weed be gone and spray on the yard works well no moles or weeds ( I'm lazy in my old age I use this now)

I'm glad you said the last line lol

Davìd

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
I'll have to try the gum trick. Can't poison them due to ranch cats and owls. Hopefully the gum will not hurt them if by chance they eat one.
Usually we stick a hose down the hole and when they come out have at them with bird shot. Kind of a weekend relaxation time ;). However I don't know if anyone's noticed but 22 bird shot is not only hard to find but EXPENSIVE when you do.

·
Registered
246 Posts
geez, we've tried lots of things, traps, sonic devices, road flares, a hose, nothing works for long. I'm going to try this right away. Thanks a million!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Either one works and no harm to other animals I have 3 1/2 dogs yet ( I babysit 1 for Blaze) never any problems had cats till people in rent house HAD a pit bull it killed my cat enough of that story. Lol with gum they die underground just walk their run down and they are buried clean-up all done

1 - 20 of 27 Posts