The times, they have changed!

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Carl Crosby, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Carl Crosby

Carl Crosby Member

I was in a LGS yesterday, and overheard the owner conversing with someone on the telephone. He started asking questions that were a bit unusual for a person in his position, I thought.

He hung up the phone, and told his employee..."Do you remember the man that was just in here, and said he would be back at 3 O'clock?" "Don't rent him a gun, I just talked to his roommate, and he is suicidal!"[​IMG]

Geesh! With all the things a gunshop owner needed to worry about in the past, I imagine that one was far, far down the list!

rugertoter likes this.
  2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Actually it isn't that far fetched these days. I read that some gun ranges that rent guns will not rent a gun to someone that doesn't have a gun. All because some people have rented a gun and shot themselves with it.

3. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

If I were the owner, I would be calling the police on that one...and my Lawyer.

4. mrmike7189

mrmike7189 Member

Happens a lot more than you know! Local range near me will not rent to you without a gun permit. A gun permit in MA is $100 plus full background check so they figure you wont off yourself and/or will use your own guns to do it!