The Story of the Colt Buntline

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by TINCANBANDIT, Jun 10, 2015.

1. TINCANBANDIT

TINCANBANDIT Active Member

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Interesting article. I think I would have a problem holding the front sight on target for but a very short time.
    The truth about Wyatt portrays a much different man than the movies made him out to be that's for sure.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015

3. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I could hold the gun up if I had a fence to set the barrel on. That's the only way I could do it. Kurt Russell played Earp better than Kevin Costner, MHO!
    Tommy

4. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Interesting, good read .

Im a old west nut.
    I could watch cowboys all day,
    and do sometimes.

Thanks

Jim

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Fox News has a program called Legends & Lies that airs Sunday nights ( either 9 or 10 EST ) that covers Heroes and Outlaws of the Old West...

Wyatt Earp...Doc Holliday...Jesse James...Wild Bill Hickok...George Armstrong Custer...Billy the Kid....Butch Cassidy...Kit Carson....Davy Crockett...even the "real" Lone Ranger...Bass Reeves.

Also has a companion hard back book to follow along with the series...which can be found at most books store chains like Barnes & Nobles.

Check it out... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4465100/

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  6. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Yes Yes..

That is a great series , I been watching it.

I shoulda been born back then...:D

Cant get enough of it..

Jim

7. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I know that I was born 150 years too late cuz I would have been a gun fighter. Course I would have been "Irving- the 142nd fastest gun in the west". You may remember that Alan Sherman sang that song back in the 60's. I would have been 143 or 144. Not a doubt in my mind but I do love the westerns. And ONLY John Wayne could put the reins in his mouth, shout fill your hands you SOB and rode and shot his pistol and rifle at the same time. Rooster Cogburn was the greatest cowboy that ever lived and Mathew Quigley was the 2nd.
    Tommy

8. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I have to say the old westerns seemed more realistic than the gun fight films of today.

9. shaner

shaner Active Member

western nut here also, if its something to do with the old west iam interested When I see a SAA my interests spark