Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, for $300 I couldn't say no to the Lc9s pro..........

I guess y'all just have to believe me until I get the gun and post pics.

Already have a holster ordered, gonna break it in and put it in the carry rotation. I spent half an hour in the LGS today playing with one, decided to give it a go!

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
OK Savage,

Pics, pics, pics, you are a teckie and know how to do it so get with the program! We wanna see pics!

Yank*************yank************yank!!!!

I get to yank your leg this time. :cryinglaugh::camera:

Tommy

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Congrats on the new acquisition.

Range reports are also required....

Jim

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Range report will follow shortly after I get the gun. And, hey, who knows, maybe I'll even post the report to the sticky...... (cough cough Tommy) yank yank!

There needs to be a leg pulling emoji for this forum....... :legpull: :yank:

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Did you get it from CDNN or your LGS?

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
I think you will like it fine, you will get less recoil with 115 grain bullets. Ruger tests using 115 grain at 15 yards, (least that is what they told me).;)

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you get it from CDNN or your LGS?

CDNN. I wanted to get it at my LGS, but their's is a overpriced. I'm doing the transfer with them.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
CDNN. I wanted to get it at my LGS, but their's is overpriced. I'm doing the transfer with them.
That's how I usually do it too. Davidsons is kind of a tweener.

BTW I'm guessing you don't need the apostrophe in 'their's' seeing as how 'their' is already possessive. Anyway I get around that confusion by saying 'theyrn'.

;)

·
Registered
108 Posts
My wife had an early LC9 with the horridly long DAO trigger pull and shark's fin LCI.

The newer LC9-S Pro is on pistol that I'd want if I didn't already have a PPS M2.

I carried this for a few days,

and my bad back is acting up on me.

The PPS M2 and my Black Arch holster will get the nod now.

That combo is even lighter than my RAMI.

With the new CZ P10 C pistol being 26 ounces, it still might be
a bit for me to carry with a fully loaded mag.

A full loaded LC9-S Pro (love the striker-fired trigger pull and no safety)
would be a piece of cake.

When a relative of mine who is new to guns and has had a basic course..
asked about a 9mm, I thought of the LC9-S with the safety.

However, with some new shooters the long DAO of the LC9 might be the
way to go. Certainly a very safe gun to carry and you get that big red LCI
on top.

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
I carry my LC9 in a Blackhawk pocket holster if in baggy pants. If tighter or short pockets I use a belt slide Uncle Mikes just behind my right hip with a shirt hanging over it. Hardly feel it there, loose long tail shirts wont print.:cool:

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've been carrying my Lc9s pro in a DeSantis sof-tuck holster, just behind the right hip. I know it's there but it's not uncomfortable at all.

·
Registered
992 Posts
^^ Savage, I got a fair sized spare tire around my middle...would that DeSantis work for a guy with love handles or no? I'd like another option besides pocket carry but don't really want to spend the money and find out that I gotta get a gym membership to be able to use the holster...

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
^^ Savage, I got a fair sized spare tire around my middle...would that DeSantis work for a guy with love handles or no? I'd like another option besides pocket carry but don't really want to spend the money and find out that I gotta get a gym membership to be able to use the holster...

I can't see why not. I'm not a real big guy, about 165, 5'10". I like carrying behind the hip bone, should work for you. Do you have Amazon prime? If you don't like it or it doesn't work, you can always send it back, Amazon pays shipping.....

·
1968 Ford Galaxie 500 XL
204 Posts
I also have a spare tire and I found carrying is no problem but putting the gun in is tough because the holster collapses. I found a leather one works much better.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Have you considered a pancake style holster? I recently purchased a Mitch Rosen off of the Ruger.com website. It conceals really well under a loose shirt and you barely notice it is there. Much more comfortable than inside the waistband also. I am a pretty big guy myself and have no problem with this holster.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Spike, I have a pretty good spare tire also. As you probably know, there are differences we have to take into consideration. Check the leather on the Sof-tuck. It has to be stiff and reinforced. The Sof-tuck is reinforced, but I do not know how substantial the base leather is. I have used a DeSantis, not a soft tuck, and it collapsed on me.

Another option you might consider is a belt slide or a pancake style. Again ithey need to be stiff and reinforced. To keep your "love handles" from pushing out the handgun and causing that bad buldge. Run your belt over the top of the holster, placing the holster between your pants and belt. That will keep your carry piece pressed tight against your side, providing you are actually using a gun belt with a stiffener.

I order my belts and holsters from MTR Custom Leather in Ramser NC. I have had very good luck with them. For casual wear though, I order the Amish "Gunner" belts from Hanks Clothing on line. Shipping is fast and prices are good. They are made from harness leather and are kind of thick through the buckle though.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sleeve Grey Sportswear Font Bicycle part

Been carrying in a Blackhawk size 3 holster the last few days. Quite comfortable, depending on what type of pants. It does print a little bit, but looks like a wallet or cellphone.

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Does anyone here have a LC9 or Lc9S and a new RAP Compact 9?

The RAP 9 was pretty big for me to conceal..but it was instant love when
I handled a RAP Compact a few weeks ago.

Heavier than my RAMI or PPS M2, but great ergos.

·
Registered
992 Posts
View attachment 9308

Been carrying in a Blackhawk size 3 holster the last few days. Quite comfortable, depending on what type of pants. It does print a little bit, but looks like a wallet or cellphone.
I use this too. Works pretty well, other than the fact that it wants to come along with the gun once in a while. Usually only happens when drawing from a coat pocket where the holster is very loose inside the pocket.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts