Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the perfect bugout rimfire combo for survival or bugout weapon. The .22 long rifle rimfire rifle can take both Large & Small Games effective to 100 Yards.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Shotgun

Product Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

This is an 11 shot group fired from 50 yards with the Ruger 10/22 rifle below .
Font Material property Pattern Circle Toy

I selected a Hi-Lux XTC 1-4X34 scope with a green lited reticle it's a purpose-built scope designed around the 2016 CMP COMPETITION RULES FOR SERVICE RIFLE . I removed it from my AR-15 A 3 and put it on my 10/22 It tracks perfectly with the CCI 32 grain Stinger & 40-grain Velocitor ammo. My preference is the CCI 40 grain Velocitor as it is heavier than the stinger hits hard and penetration is deep these round mushrooms and leaves a nice wound channel that retains its weight. Unlike the Stingers bullet that explodes on contact and will not penetrate as deep and will not retain its mass. The rifle has an 18.5" barrel with the accuracy being fine. It holds 3 spare 10 round mags in the stock and one in the firearm 40 rounds storage in the firearm. The Taurus TX 22 Pistol Holds 17 Rounds and I have four spare 16 round magazines for the pistol. I wanted a Ruger Sr .22 but found the Taurus to be just as good. The Stainless steel helps prevent rust when the firearm is in storage I keep my firearms clean with a lite coat of CLP for rust preventative and I use Dry Packs 40 g Silica Gel Dehumidifier disposable packs in all my cases and backpacks Safe. I also have a Ruger PC 9mm Carbine and Springfield Armory XDM 4.5" 9mm Pistol set up in the same type package for Survival /Bugout but it sports a Sightmark Wraith Day /Night Optic. The 9mm is a Heavier Package that packs more firepower with a much bigger punch but both packages can be used for Defense effectively. No cheap made poorly constructed U.S. Survival AR-7 .22LR Rifle for me as these rifles after a few thousand rounds are worn out and are not as accurate. I had one the stock cover that kept the rifle in the stock kept falling off the stock and traded it off. I think the Ruger 10/22 BackPacker or Ruger PC 9 Carbine backpacker is the best choice for survival/bugout.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts