Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
I love my PCC....it's a Marlin camp 9 carbine and it shares magazines with the Smith&Wesson 5900/6900 series pistols.
Although my Ruger mini 14 is a better bug out rifle. I will keep the Marlin for home defense ? and give it to my wife or daughter to use. In the meantime it is a fantastic plinking gun for target practice.
Amazing how popular these PCC's have become. the Rugers/Kel tecs/hi points are selling like hotcakes at fat camp馃榿

Registered
DISAGREE.. parts are available from Numrich. I own literally EVERY replacement part to rebuild the gun excepet for the receiver and barrell. (All the internal parts are still available today.) It has only one delicate part..the buffer . Aftermarket buffers are $13 and last for 5k rounds. If it was so delicate it would not have a cult following lasting over 30 years?
As for S&W magazines, they are for sale everywhere and mec gar makes brand new ones still to this day. (I would not call Mec gar marginal quality)
Watch this video and you will see it makes an EXCELLENT bug out gun in 9mm.

Registered
Some folks really like to defend their firearms! Obsolete is probably a stretch, but I would say the camp carbine is obsolescent. Eventually, those parts are going to run out. The parts and mags are kind of besides the point though. The feature set of newer PCCs is far greater than an older design. Personally in my situation and where I live, I wouldn't want to bug out with any PCC. Everyone has their own situation though!
Me neither,,,my Mini 14 would be my bug out rifle. I can carry 30 round mags and lots of ammo in a backpack.....but
the 9mm fills a niche for those that are novice gun owners, like my wife & daughter,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts