Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
I own the KelTec Sub2000, Ruger PCC & CZ Scorpion. They all work. The Keltec is lightest and easiest to maneuver, but mounting optics etc is more difficult. The CZ with folding stk is also a small package and great for indoor room clearing tactics with Light and Red Dot. The Ruger has Aluminum Forearm and Butt module that allows QD attachments and hard points for lights or other accessories, carries a LPVO and is more rifle like. Frankly, I really don't know what I would do with any of them if the SHTF scenario crops up. Reality is very different and I can't really fathom being in a situation that would require me to expend 200 rds or more and still be around to talk about it. I do not think Armageddon or Mad Max is around the corner. I worry more about idiots living in denial, joining quasi rt wing groups, that favor bogus unproven theories and like to rant continuously about all the wrongs in the world, but are never wiling to do anything about fixing them, especially if it takes $$ from their beer and tobaccco allowance. Just one mans humble opinion.!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I would not pick a .41 Magnum Leaver gun or an old wheel gun. #1 Ammo is rare # 2 Leaver gun is slow and cumbersome. a 41 caliber wheel gun and a .41 caliber leaver gun is a poor choice 9MM is a common popular round in great abundance you can carry more of it. Most military and Police carry 9mm. I have been in Ground Combat and have found the 9mm Pistol Caliber Rifle and 9mm pistol to work well in close quarters out to 200 meters. I served 20 years as a Combat Infantryman and this is my choice because of its combat firepower even in semi-auto you can accurately engage the target with overwhelming firepower. Cleaning can be done with a common brake cleaner and gasoline.
The 9mm is definitely the way to go. It has served around the world for over 100 yrs now!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts