Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Same here Pancho,
Ive carried micro 9mms, Revolvers,even a 44 mag, 380s,
Now Im carrying a compact 1911.

But I always carry them for at least a year, before switching.

Always have a NAA 22 mag on the leg.

Jim

·
Premium Member
8,254 Posts
I'm still looking. But I am never really satisfied. Also bet bored carrying the same gun all the time.

Sometimes I don't think there is a right answer for carry guns. Meaning everyone feels comfortable in there own way. I love my mustangs. But a defender I want to carry on my hip. I never liked compact 1911's until now and love them

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I was on and off which I liked best for cc till I got my LCR. Gun with holster made for IWB/OWB both fit into my front jeans pocket and only once had someone even take a double take look. I had no doubt he probably cc himself and he like many of us look around to see who is carrying.
The LCR is a handful with 357 but then again those ultra light pocket rockets are also a handful even in a 380. I'll take the 357.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm like Pancho Villa and Phideaux . I'm still looking , but I like them all . I've carried a lcr, a lcp , a glock 19 , a sr40c , but now a lc9 both inside and outside the waist .
Interesting Phideaux , the Naa on the leg , has me thinking ...

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
The perfect pistol for carry is the one that you can handle the best and feel the most comfortable with. For me, it's a RugerSR1911 LW Commander. I know it can be cumbersome and a little heavy, however I am the most comfortable with it. I like the way it shoots and how it works for me. I used to change pistols all the time, but at my age I decided to find one I like, I can comfortably shoot and carry. The SR1911LW is the pistol for me.

Tommy

·
Patriot
2,186 Posts
I have carried Glocks for years.
I also now carry a Springfield Armory EMP in 9mm. 3:00-3:15 IWB usually. Couldn't agree with you more! :)
The Perfect Carry Gun? That would be a gun that works EVERY time!
I've had horrible luck in my quest to own a reliable 9mm. I'm thinking of an EMP for my third try.

DoubleR, how is that EMP working for you?
Any other EMP 9mm owners, do tell please.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
The Perfect Carry Gun? That would be a gun that works EVERY time!

I've had horrible luck in my quest to own a reliable 9mm. I'm thinking of an EMP for my third try.

DoubleR, how is that EMP working for you?

Any other EMP 9mm owners, do tell please.

Well! Lol! I love her. Having said that! She's picky about overall case length. With the right case length (we reload) she's a dream. And maybe it's just mine that has that going on.
The ammo I use for carry is Speer Gold Dot and it performs flawlessly. Once she was broke in she doesn't have a single problem.
Easy to conceal. Lightweight. Would buy another one. She's held up VERY well to CC. No real rub marks and no rust spots. I do clean her often though.
The one thing I will mention is if you buy one new don't panic if she/he has mag problems. My mags needed about 500-1000 rounds run threw them before they worked flawlessly.
Like I said. I would buy another one in a heartbeat. I'm so happy with her.
My hubby bought me new grips for her for Christmas. (Yes I'm showing her off ;) )
Font Office equipment Material property Engineering Office supplies

Here in crappy CA only Leo's can have "these" grips. They were the grips I really wanted. My husband found an aftermarket grip builder who made the "same" grips I really wanted. So for Christmas he ordered me a set :) I love them!
I have probably put about 5,000 round threw her at this point. Dead on. Shoots ragged holes.
Hope this helps!

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nice weapon Double R. Congratulations on your beautiful new grips. Here's a pic of mine:

I sent two of my stock magazines to a guy who shortened the magazine by one round and removed the magazine extensions. So, I carry the shortened, more concealable magazines in the gun and carry two stock magazines on my belt.

MagnumBlackhawk, the EMP was specially made for the 9mm. It is not just a .45acp modified for the 9mm... or so I'm told.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.