The Perfect Carry Gun

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by threetango, Jan 1, 2014.

1. threetango

threetango Special Dance Instructor

2. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

It took me years to find my perfect carry gun. After many others I'm finally happy

3. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

I'm still looking. But I am never really satisfied. Also bet bored carrying the same gun all the time.

4. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Same here Pancho,
    Ive carried micro 9mms, Revolvers,even a 44 mag, 380s,
    Now Im carrying a compact 1911.

But I always carry them for at least a year, before switching.

Always have a NAA 22 mag on the leg.

Jim

5. Blaze

Sometimes I don't think there is a right answer for carry guns. Meaning everyone feels comfortable in there own way. I love my mustangs. But a defender I want to carry on my hip. I never liked compact 1911's until now and love them

6. Misty1946

Misty1946 New Member

Blaze

Every time you get another gun "it's your favorite" lol until another one comes along that you have to have then it's your favorite lol
    Mine is still my 357 hands down

7. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Ha !

They're all my favorites..:D

Jim

8. Blaze

Hopefully next week I will own my first compact 1911. Can't wait.

9. Willieboy

Willieboy New Member

Decisions, decisions!

I've been a Glock guy for many years. However, recently, I've been carrying a Springfield EMP in 9mm. I carry in the AIWB position and this gun rides and conceals nicely.

10. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I was on and off which I liked best for cc till I got my LCR. Gun with holster made for IWB/OWB both fit into my front jeans pocket and only once had someone even take a double take look. I had no doubt he probably cc himself and he like many of us look around to see who is carrying.
    The LCR is a handful with 357 but then again those ultra light pocket rockets are also a handful even in a 380. I'll take the 357.

11. slugmeister

slugmeister New Member

I'm like Pancho Villa and Phideaux . I'm still looking , but I like them all . I've carried a lcr, a lcp , a glock 19 , a sr40c , but now a lc9 both inside and outside the waist .
    Interesting Phideaux , the Naa on the leg , has me thinking ...

12. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

The perfect pistol for carry is the one that you can handle the best and feel the most comfortable with. For me, it's a RugerSR1911 LW Commander. I know it can be cumbersome and a little heavy, however I am the most comfortable with it. I like the way it shoots and how it works for me. I used to change pistols all the time, but at my age I decided to find one I like, I can comfortably shoot and carry. The SR1911LW is the pistol for me.

Tommy

13. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

I have carried Glocks for years.
    I also now carry a Springfield Armory EMP in 9mm. 3:00-3:15 IWB usually. Couldn't agree with you more! :)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  14. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I have to agree the SA EMP is a good choice.

15. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

The Perfect Carry Gun? That would be a gun that works EVERY time!
    I've had horrible luck in my quest to own a reliable 9mm. I'm thinking of an EMP for my third try.

DoubleR, how is that EMP working for you?
    Any other EMP 9mm owners, do tell please.

16. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Well! Lol! I love her. Having said that! She's picky about overall case length. With the right case length (we reload) she's a dream. And maybe it's just mine that has that going on.
    The ammo I use for carry is Speer Gold Dot and it performs flawlessly. Once she was broke in she doesn't have a single problem.
    Easy to conceal. Lightweight. Would buy another one. She's held up VERY well to CC. No real rub marks and no rust spots. I do clean her often though.
    The one thing I will mention is if you buy one new don't panic if she/he has mag problems. My mags needed about 500-1000 rounds run threw them before they worked flawlessly.
    Like I said. I would buy another one in a heartbeat. I'm so happy with her.
    My hubby bought me new grips for her for Christmas. (Yes I'm showing her off ;) )
    ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1451613000.272771.jpg
    Here in crappy CA only Leo's can have "these" grips. They were the grips I really wanted. My husband found an aftermarket grip builder who made the "same" grips I really wanted. So for Christmas he ordered me a set :) I love them!
    I have probably put about 5,000 round threw her at this point. Dead on. Shoots ragged holes.
    Hope this helps!

17. Willieboy

Willieboy New Member

Nice weapon Double R. Congratulations on your beautiful new grips. Here's a pic of mine:

[​IMG]

I sent two of my stock magazines to a guy who shortened the magazine by one round and removed the magazine extensions. So, I carry the shortened, more concealable magazines in the gun and carry two stock magazines on my belt.

MagnumBlackhawk, the EMP was specially made for the 9mm. It is not just a .45acp modified for the 9mm... or so I'm told.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  18. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Thanks!
    Very nice! Love the grips!