The new Ruger BX-Trigger...

Discussion in 'Ruger Firearms Accessories' started by bikeride4fun, Dec 22, 2014.

1. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

I just got my new Ruger BX-Trigger today. I am going to install it my Ruger 10/22 I-TAC. I got 20% off and free shipping, so it was a deal. Doing some dry fire...feels great...:)

Attached Files:

BLACK RIFLE REVIEWS likes this.
  2. bikeride4fun

Got it in the I-TAC.......works great. Gee I guess my post was boring....:confused:

3. bikeride4fun

Well if anybody is interested.....I also installed a BX Trigger in my new 22 Charger.........Great trigger for the price.

4. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Does that mean you are trigger happy in a good way?
    Son--I say son---don't you have enough guns now? You have to be old like me to know or what used to say that "Son I say son"
    Buck Buck Buck

5. Woodstock

Woodstock New Member

So how about a full report on that trigger. I have been wondering if it was worth the money or should I stick with the Brimstone Tier 3 for $35?

6. bikeride4fun

Hey buster40c......you can never have enough guns...lol

7. bikeride4fun

Woodstock....I am going to try to get to the range this sun or mon. We did a remodel at the dealership I work at....I have not got the chance to try it out. I will do a range report....

8. BamaFan

BamaFan New Member

In for range report as well.

9. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

Having tried a bunch of other trigger options, from a simple hammer change to full assemblies (and a bunch in between), I'm tempted to give this one a try just to be able to give a subjective comparison against the other choices. I believe until I find them for less than what I've seen thus far, I'll pass. Cannot believe they're up to where other options in the same price range would be.
    Most so far seem dismissive of them but also seem to be comparing them to a full Kidd 2-stage assembly - not exactly a reasonable comparison.

10. Nogoat

Nogoat New Member

I put one in my new 10/22 Stainless and move that one into and older compact because of the better mag released. As noted before dry fire feel much better.

11. bikeride4fun

I have shot both my 22 Charger and my I-Tac with the new trigger...........love them. For the money it's an awesome trigger. It's very crisp and the reset is spot on......

12. meadows

meadows New Member

I purchased a bx trigger, it had a good feel to it, i disassembled and did VERY minor touch up to the sear surfaces with a finger nail file, WOW what a difference! I haven't been to the range yet.......but it probably won't make a difference. ALL of my rifles seem to have a major defect between the trigger and the scope! Best I can figure, the defect is multiplied with coffee and nicotine!

13. bikeride4fun

I have been shooting my new 22 Charger with the BX-Trigger in it, I love it....the trigger is smooth and crisp. And the reset is spot on, perfect for target shooting. I would recommend it to anybody with a 10/22......

14. Oyster

Oyster New Member

Installed the BX trigger in my older 10/22 easily and found it to be a nice improvement at the range. I'm not a techie shooter, just like the smoothness and lighter pull.

PS: Also recently installed the Ruger red laser for the 10/22. Again very easy to install. My grandson loved shooting with it. As with all red laser sights it can be hard to see in bright sunlight. A fun upgrade and does not block the iron sights or telescopic optical sight.

I recommend both for recreational shooters to give new "life" to your trusty 10/22.

15. Gabby

Gabby New Member

Recently got one for my 10-22 and am very pleased with it right out of the box it consistently pulls just 2 pounds on a RCBS trigger scale. Breaks crisp with no creep.
    Now to find the right ammo to make it all happy! :D
    Gabby

16. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

17. gunslinger669

gunslinger669 Active Member

Eley gets my vote as well!

18. Gabby

Gabby New Member

A little rich for my blood Jim, I'm looking for something $5 or less,
    my SS check doesn't stretch that far. Thanks anyway.
    BTW could you move your dog to the other side of the screen he has all the picture washed off on the left side? :cheesy:
    Gabby

19. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Yeah it is a little more costly.

But, I only use it to sight in a gun, That way I know that shooting all over the target aint the gun. ( or is the gun)

I use cheep stuff for playing around.

Get yourself a box or 2, just for sighting in , to keep on hand. Make it last.;):)

Jim

20. Gabby

Gabby New Member

Durn you still haven't moved that blamed dog. LOL

I'm going to try some of the Aguila 22's next chance I get.
    I'd just like to find something affordable that would print consistently under an inch at 50 yards that I could stock up on that wouldn't empty my bank account. She who must be obeyed AKA wife and book keeper squeals like a stuck pig if I blow $10 on anything gun related normally, so I always try to keep her happy because if she aint happy, you know the rest! :duck:
    Gabby