Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The New Ruger 10 /22 suppressed delivers 40 Grain Bullets at 1435 FPS with precision accuracy on Enemy Combatants out to 200 Yards .

FAB DEFENSE STOCKS FOR THE RUGER 10/22 ARE AVAILABLE AT SPORTSMANS GUIDE DOT COM

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

MY FAB Defense Ruger 10/22 out fitted with SightMark Wraith Digital Day / Night Scope.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The New Ruger 10 /22 suppressed delivers 40 Grain Bullets at 1435 FPS with precision accuracy on Enemy Combatants out to 200 Yards .

FAB DEFENSE STOCKS FOR THE RUGER 10/22 ARE AVAILABLE AT SPORTSMANS GUIDE DOT COM
Interesting choice of ammunition, since at that speed the sonic crack will still be heard, suppressed or not. I have a Ruger Precision with a SIg Sauer Whiskey 3,4x12x50, with SIg BDC wind Hold reticle and SIG SBT turret. The turrets are made to order and free from SIG (not anymore) You give them the ballistic data and they Laser engrave a turret based on your data. I have three scopes that have the SBT turret, each for a different ammunition, so I can change it as needed. Still, I primarily use the CCI 1080 fps, with a Gemtech Outback II, monocore. Can not hear it from 15 ft away.!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Interesting choice of ammunition, since at that speed the sonic crack will still be heard, suppressed or not. I have a Ruger Precision with a SIg Sauer Whiskey 3,4x12x50, with SIg BDC wind Hold reticle and SIG SBT turret. The turrets are made to order and free from SIG (not anymore) You give them the ballistic data and they Laser engrave a turret based on your data. I have three scopes that have the SBT turret, each for a different ammunition, so I can change it as needed. Still, I primarily use the CCI 1080 fps, with a Gemtech Outback II, monocore. Can not hear it from 15 ft away.!
When Suppressed you don't hear the report of the Rifle just crack of the 40 grain bullet breaking the speed of sound is hard to distinguish the direction it comes from . When used with 40 grain subsonic ammo all you hear is the cycling of the action. My Rifle is not suppressed .I find the CCI 40 Grain Velocitor at 1435 FPS to be the most accurate and hardest hitting ammo at 0-100 yards also the same offering in Browning & Winchester at 1435 FPS. All three shoot the same and I can not see a difference on the range and performance on Large Wild game animals , i.e. Hog & Coyotes at 50-100 yards each of these were taken with a single shot to the head with the CCI 40 Grain Velocitor copper plated hollow point.

Reactions: LMB

·
Registered
24 Posts
When Suppressed you don't hear the report of the Rifle just crack of the 40 grain bullet breaking the speed of sound is hard to distinguish the direction it comes from . When used with 40 grain subsonic ammo all you hear is the cycling of the action. My Rifle is not suppressed .I find the CCI 40 Grain Velocitor at 1435 FPS to be the most accurate and hardest hitting ammo at 0-100 yards also the same offering in Browning & Winchester at 1435 FPS. All three shoot the same and I can not see a difference on the range and performance on Large Wild game animals , i.e. Hog & Coyotes at 50-100 yards each of these were taken with a single shot to the head with the CCI 40 Grain Velocitor copper plated hollow point.

If i was "hunting" I would probably use your choice too. Animals are tough and the extra velocity is good and provides a margin of safety for a shot that might be off a bit. My grandfather was a professional hunter who hunted on all 4 continents late 50's through 60's. He told me that animals do strange things at the wrong time, all the time! Like take a step as soon as the trigger breaks or turn at an angle. What was a perfect shot, can suddenly be compromised. Always good to have a bit more ooommmph in the round if you can shoot it well. He used two rifles only an took virtually every known species of game. Pre 64 model 70's, with custom Lyman scopes with ranging dots, which were virtually unheard of then. One was a 30-06, and the other a .300 H&H, when he felt the need for more ooomp or distance! The only time he used another rifle was in Africa, were it was required for certain game, nothing smaller that a .375 was permitted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts