Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The MAX-9™ is your next handgun. Whether you're new to firearms ownership, or you've been an enthusiast for years, the versatile MAX-9™ is sure to meet your personal protection needs. Comfortable enough to conceal in an inside the waistband holster or pocket holster, this micro-sized pistol has it all - without compromising on capacity or features. Rugged, reliable, affordable - the Ruger® MAX-9™. at the $499.00 MSRP this pistol could very well put the Sig P365 out of business because of its Past Problems & Price .

Ruger® MAX-9™ Centerfire Pistol Models

·
Registered
137 Posts
Rugged, reliable, affordable - the Ruger® MAX-9™. at the $499.00 MSRP this pistol could very well put the Sig P365 out of business because of its Past Problems & Price .
Very unlikely. Ruger has always struggled to get real sections of the semi-auto handgun market with anything then the original LCP. Hey, at least they finally managed to get an optics-ready pistol to market. They are only 5 years late to the optics game. This sounds like the exact same hype that went with the security 9 and how awesome it was supposed to be.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I wasn't aware that the SIG P365 was anywhere near a coffin :unsure:

At least Ruger didn't go with a long d-r-a-w-n out (and completely embarrassing) reveal like Glock did with the mighty G44 :rolleyes:

Anyway, it sounds like there's lots of hype about this pistol coming from all directions, which is typical nowadays...only time will reveal the accuracy of any claims made.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I wasn't aware that the SIG P365 was anywhere near a coffin :unsure:

At least Ruger didn't go with a long d-r-a-w-n out (and completely embarrassing) reveal like Glock did with the mighty G44 :rolleyes:

Anyway, it sounds like there's lots of hype about this pistol coming from all directions, which is typical nowadays...only time will reveal the accuracy of any claims made.
What I like the most is this Ruger MAX 9 is 100% made in the USA and Ruger is American owned . Sales were way down on the P365 it was plagued with problems since its introduction sourced parts from India. And the Springfield Armory Hell Cat is made in Croatia .If Ruger QC would just do their jobs it could very well be head and shoulders above the P365 & Hell Cat . Affirmative action has place many unqualified people into positions in many of the American industry's causing them to fail with piss poor quality in production .I also own a Plagued Sig P365 (POS) & a foreign made Springfield Armory Hell Cat which is by far the best micro compact on the market its only down fall is made in Croatia .I have never had a failure or malfunction in well over 1000 rounds fired. Now if the made in the USA Ruger MAX -9 has no problems and functions well it will be head and shoulders above the others even Smith & Wesson because it's foreign owned also.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very unlikely. Ruger has always struggled to get real sections of the semi-auto handgun market with anything then the original LCP. Hey, at least they finally managed to get an optics-ready pistol to market. They are only 5 years late to the optics game. This sounds like the exact same hype that went with the security 9 and how awesome it was supposed to be.
The problem with the American corporations is Affirmative Action placing the unqualified in positions they are unqualified for and the results is failure same in the American firearms industry today Quality Control & Production Suck !

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
It looks well thought out and I hope it sells well. Just not going to sell to me.
Not that I see anything wrong with it. I just don't care for tiny handguns.

·
Registered
626 Posts
It looks well thought out and I hope it sells well. Just not going to sell to me.
Not that I see anything wrong with it. I just don't care for tiny handguns.
I agree I too do not like tiny guns but with a 3.2” barrel I would not call the this one tiny. Small maybe.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The problem with the American corporations is Affirmative Action placing the unqualified in positions they are unqualified for and the results is failure same in the American firearms industry today Quality Control & Production Suck !
Yeah... I disagree with you. Ruger focuses on doing a lot of things well and none of them extraordinary. Their vision from the company is “Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. is one of the nation’s leading manufacturers of rugged, reliable firearms for the commercial sporting market. The only full-line manufacturer of American-made firearms, Ruger offers consumers over 400 variations of more than 30 product lines. For more than 60 years, Ruger has been a model of corporate and community responsibility.”

Ruger is usually at the top or near the top of firearms sales every year, and they do that by selling all different kinds of firearms. They aren't trying to be the best in any specific area. You can't have the best of the best QC and keep costs down. I think you read a little too far into the situation. It's just a trade-off.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Nope my next handgun will be............the S&W Shield plus same size as the Ruger with 10-13 round mags.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Nope my next handgun will be............the S&W Shield plus same size as the Ruger with 10-13 round mags.
I would like to get one as well. Since I can still use the sheld holsters I already have it sounds like a better plan than any of the other subcompact 10+ round 9mm's out there.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I would like to get one as well. Since I can still use the sheld holsters I already have it sounds like a better plan than any of the other subcompact 10+ round 9mm's out there.
Well we just both ruined this RugerTalk page with all our Smith &wesson talk.........
Dont hate people. I like my Rugers, but lately their plastic pistols have not been fantastic.

Reactions: 0311

·
Registered
Ruger 57, (2021) Redhawk .44 mag, EC9s, Ruger .44mag carbine, .Single six .22Mag (1963, first Ruger,
6 Posts
The MAX-9™ is your next handgun. Whether you're new to firearms ownership, or you've been an enthusiast for years, the versatile MAX-9™ is sure to meet your personal protection needs. Comfortable enough to conceal in an inside the waistband holster or pocket holster, this micro-sized pistol has it all - without compromising on capacity or features. Rugged, reliable, affordable - the Ruger® MAX-9™. at the $499.00 MSRP this pistol could very well put the Sig P365 out of business because of its Past Problems & Price .

View attachment 13129

View attachment 13130

View attachment 13131

View attachment 13132

View attachment 13133

View attachment 13134

View attachment 13135

View attachment 13136

I ordered m ine yesterday

·
Registered
211 Posts
View attachment 13129

View attachment 13130

View attachment 13131

View attachment 13132

View attachment 13133

View attachment 13134

View attachment 13135

View attachment 13136

I own a Sig P-365 and a Glock 43.
The Sig is a great gun and no other beats it, well maybe the 43. I have not had any of the problems some people did/do with Sig. None at over 4,000 rounds shot though it. Not even HOT reloads.
One thing is, guys with x large hands handling these small guns will inadvertently push the slide lock with their thumb. They complained about that.

Second, They complained about a firing pin breaking but that was quickly fixed because Sig contracted a company to make the firing pins for them. The pins were inferior to the specs of Sig and the materials used were also inferior.

Third, The same guys couldn't complain any more so they came up with pins stamping wrong on the primer. If you were to rack the slide to the rear, you will notice that the barrel will tip up. The action is short and quick in ejecting a spent case and leaving its mark on the primer.

The price for a P- 365 is a competitive price to Ruger or any other firearm in its class. The reason for it being at $200.00 above all others is a simple fact that the sights installed from factory are $200.00 vrs a ten or twenty dollar sites.
With their sites, this puts Sig $200.00 above all others with their top quality in materials, reliability, and possibly the best customer service.

Ruger makes great guns and always has from their very first firearm made. They put quality in front first and their customer service is good.

But over all, I can't see Ruger killing the P-365. Not even the Springfield Hellcat has put a dent on Sig and they tried their best. Smith & Wesson M&P Shield is more compared to the Glock 43.

Personally, I think the G-43 is a better shooter.
Better in reloading magazines.
Better in least expensive magazines.
Better in recoil handling.
Better down range by just a tad bit.
Better in prices
Not better with their sites though.
Not better in their looks.

Both of my the G-43 or P-365 have seen lots of rounds including reloads and max hot loads with no faults.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I own a Sig P-365 and a Glock 43.
The Sig is a great gun and no other beats it, well maybe the 43. I have not had any of the problems some people did/do with Sig. None at over 4,000 rounds shot though it. Not even HOT reloads.
One thing is, guys with x large hands handling these small guns will inadvertently push the slide lock with their thumb. They complained about that.

Second, They complained about a firing pin breaking but that was quickly fixed because Sig contracted a company to make the firing pins for them. The pins were inferior to the specs of Sig and the materials used were also inferior.

Third, The same guys couldn't complain any more so they came up with pins stamping wrong on the primer. If you were to rack the slide to the rear, you will notice that the barrel will tip up. The action is short and quick in ejecting a spent case and leaving its mark on the primer.

The price for a P- 365 is a competitive price to Ruger or any other firearm in its class. The reason for it being at $200.00 above all others is a simple fact that the sights installed from factory are $200.00 vrs a ten or twenty dollar sites.
With their sites, this puts Sig $200.00 above all others with their top quality in materials, reliability, and possibly the best customer service.

Ruger makes great guns and always has from their very first firearm made. They put quality in front first and their customer service is good.

But over all, I can't see Ruger killing the P-365. Not even the Springfield Hellcat has put a dent on Sig and they tried their best. Smith & Wesson M&P Shield is more compared to the Glock 43.

Personally, I think the G-43 is a better shooter.
Better in reloading magazines.
Better in least expensive magazines.
Better in recoil handling.
Better down range by just a tad bit.
Better in prices
Not better with their sites though.
Not better in their looks.

Both of my the G-43 or P-365 have seen lots of rounds including reloads and max hot loads with no faults.
I have a plagued problematic Sig P-365 and it has had to be shipped back for repair 4 times its nothing like my p-226 , P228 , P220 which I have never had a problem with and have owned for years on 4 different occasions the slide of the P-365 has locked shut rendering the little nazi pistol useless . I am stuck with it ! It locked forward again now that's 5 times back to the factory when I get it back I will trade it off and give the New Ruger Max -9 a try .

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have a plagued problematic Sig P-365 and it has had to be shipped back for repair 4 times its nothing like my p-226 , P228 , P220 which I have never had a problem with and have owned for years on 4 different occasions the slide of the P-365 has locked shut rendering the little nazi pistol useless . I am stuck with it ! It locked forward again now that's 5 times back to the factory when I get it back I will trade it off and give the New Ruger Max -9 a try .
It's unfortunate you've have such bad luck with your P-365, sorry to hear or read of such bad news.
It is possible that, If at one time the P-365 has had the slide removed for cleaning purposes, the take down lever next to the slide stop will lock the slide. Preventing it from moving forward or to the rear.
What happens is that while working/cleaning the slide, the take down lever will fall in the down position and will not allow the slide to go back on. If forced in either way, forward or to the rear it will damage the small plate that folds down along with the take down lever. Re-positioning the take down lever in the upward position will allow the slide to go back on smoothly.
If that item is damaged or worn out for any reason it will definitely lock the slide shut. Preventing it from racking a round. Rendering this precious gem of a firearm useless.
That pin or lever plate sits center of your receiver and while the slide is off you can see what I'm talking about. Sig should have notice this from the very beginning when you sent yours back the first time.

A good friend and co-worker has a CZ-P01. He had so many issues with his. After having talked with him, he sent his back with a letter explaining his issues. They fixed that pin along with some other issues with his guide rod.
He now has a working gun and flawless.
I actually don't like him anymore (LOL) because he was giving the gun away and after I told him what to do he will not let me have the gun, not even for a fair price. We both laugh about the whole thing. I told him, "I should have just taken it from his hands and not guide him to his successful CZ".
He's a very good friend, he saved my life once.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's unfortunate you've have such bad luck with your P-365, sorry to hear or read of such bad news.
It is possible that, If at one time the P-365 has had the slide removed for cleaning purposes, the take down lever next to the slide stop will lock the slide. Preventing it from moving forward or to the rear.
What happens is that while working/cleaning the slide, the take down lever will fall in the down position and will not allow the slide to go back on. If forced in either way, forward or to the rear it will damage the small plate that folds down along with the take down lever. Re-positioning the take down lever in the upward position will allow the slide to go back on smoothly.
If that item is damaged or worn out for any reason it will definitely lock the slide shut. Preventing it from racking a round. Rendering this precious gem of a firearm useless.
That pin or lever plate sits center of your receiver and while the slide is off you can see what I'm talking about. Sig should have notice this from the very beginning when you sent yours back the first time.

A good friend and co-worker has a CZ-P01. He had so many issues with his. After having talked with him, he sent his back with a letter explaining his issues. They fixed that pin along with some other issues with his guide rod.
He now has a working gun and flawless.
I actually don't like him anymore (LOL) because he was giving the gun away and after I told him what to do he will not let me have the gun, not even for a fair price. We both laugh about the whole thing. I told him, "I should have just taken it from his hands and not guide him to his successful CZ".
He's a very good friend, he saved my life once.
The slide locked forward with a round in the chamber and it would not fire and I could not pull the slide to the rear very dangerous situation to happen 5 times now when it comes back I am trading it in on a Ruger Max -9 I own the Hell Cat & Love it but that little P365 I got when it first hit the market has been a pain in the rear end . It was nothing like the other Sig Pistols I've owned ,my Son has one also and has returned it twice because of the same problem and he just sold it. I just purchased a Springfield Hell Cat for him for his 38th Birthday I picked up one with 5 mags & the Swamp Fox Sentinel Red Dot for $600.00 bucks not a bad deal the as the owner only fired one magazine thru it he is frail older man and he did not like the recoil and he had a problem loading the magazines. My Son loves his new Hell Cat . We both purchased the P365 at about the same time but he don't shoot as much as I do he has had to return it twice I returned mine five times . I should have it back soon its been 30 days now. could be they have fixed this problem on the newer ones ! one reason I always carry a back up .

·
Registered
73 Posts
The Sig 320 and 365 were "craptastic " when they hit the market. Lots of reported issues.
I have not bought a sig since they went plastic a few years back.
The Ruger plastic guns havent excited me either.
I like the S&W M&P pistols....they seem as reliable as the Glocks imo😁

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The Sig 320 and 365 were "craptastic " when they hit the market. Lots of reported issues.
I have not bought a sig since they went plastic a few years back.
The Ruger plastic guns havent excited me either.
I like the S&W M&P pistols....they seem as reliable as the Glocks imo😁
Craptastic for sure both these Sig's had contained several out sourced faulty parts from Communist China & India .I hope Ruger 100% American puts them out of production . Ruger needs to do away with affirmative action hiring practices , Because their QC & Production folks lack the competence to serve Ruger in those rolls , they just put hamburger flippers in to Technical Jobs that are way over their competency skills required for those jobs.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Have a RUGER LC9s with both 7 and 9 round mags. For CONCEALED carry I much prefer it over the fatter MAX 9.
Both are likely very reliable and yes, the MAX 9 can mount a red dot, yet another thing making it less concealable.

James Bond knew how to choose a concealable pistol. jus' sayin'...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts